Sponsored

Owners manual & Welcome kit

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Question for every New JL owner
Have you received your Owners Manual & Glove box material? The fasted way to get a Hard copy of the owners manual is do the chat they will ask for your last 8 of the vin# and contact info. while logged into Jeep.com

Last have you received your welcome kit.

You can call this# for the welcome kit Jeep Standard Care #1800-521-3186
Sponsored

RDT300

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just received owners manual today. I used live chat and took about 2 weeks...
IMG_1634.JPG

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
I requested my owners manual a little over 2 weeks ago. Still waiting. Said will be delivered my courier? Didn't say what courier.

I was told around 45 days from purchase to receive the Welcome kit.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine was handed to me at the time of purchase.

Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
I was just about to start a new thread when I found this one so I am reviving it.

I just got a new 2019 JL 3 weeks ago. I was shocked to see that there is no owners manual in the Jeep. I did read the .pdf version and it says on the first f'n page to read the manual BEFORE operating the vehicle. How can that happen if they don't provide one???

So what is this Welcome Kit?? Nobody at the dealership told me anything about it. Is it something I have to request or will it just show up one day??

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I was just about to start a new thread when I found this one so I am reviving it.

I just got a new 2019 JL 3 weeks ago. I was shocked to see that there is no owners manual in the Jeep. I did read the .pdf version and it says on the first f'n page to read the manual BEFORE operating the vehicle. How can that happen if they don't provide one???

So what is this Welcome Kit?? Nobody at the dealership told me anything about it. Is it something I have to request or will it just show up one day??
I got a little green Jeep drawstring bag (check the "checklist" thread, pic there) that came with manual, MOPAR/Jeep Wave Program Card, Warranty Card, etc etc. Little things like that.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I have to say that is seems really strange that Jeep is not including the user manual in the US. In Europe it is illegal to sell a product without a manual included.
I guess this is cost cutting measure. It costs a lot to print all those manuals, so if only 20% of the buyers actually write in to ask for one they save a boat load of money.
Shit move though and kind of anti-customer.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Ask your dealer. Mine gave me the manual and welcome kit (green drawstring bag) when I signed for the rig. They are probably sitting on a shelf somewhere.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Ask your dealer. Mine gave me the manual and welcome kit (green drawstring bag) when I signed for the rig. They are probably sitting on a shelf somewhere.
I did get that bag, but it only had a short "quick start" guide (maybe 20 pages) and the usual extra stuff (Sirius guide, other pamphlets). I know the real owners manual is hundreds of pages long. That's not something that can be missed.

I do have a number to FCA customer support so maybe I will try calling them.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I did get that bag, but it only had a short "quick start" guide (maybe 20 pages) and the usual extra stuff (Sirius guide, other pamphlets). I know the real owners manual is hundreds of pages long. That's not something that can be missed.

I do have a number to FCA customer support so maybe I will try calling them.

You are correct. After looking again, I just got the quick start guide. It looks like I will be making a phone call as well.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I received a hand shake and a box of dark chocolates.
Sponsored