Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I've been mistaken for an overlander because of a roof rack that's more about moving kids and gear to and from apartments and Home Depot respectively. I even have a Rotopax, but that's about safe transport of fuel from gas station to home cans, to be used in a first come first served manner, as well as serve as surplus in a power event where gas stations can't pump, and my essential work (which is neither of the above) needs to still get done.

It's interesting how many commercials I've seen recently showing other brands in off roading contexts, from the Honda Pilot to some of the Subaru lineup.

I think competitors to the Wrangler want to get in on this lucrative space.
Sponsored

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
It's definitely a trend, but not without real interest. Overlanding, especially during times of Covid are becoming very popular. I prefer Overlanding to strict off-roading as crawling around on rocks and through mud all day isn't really of interest to me, but using my vehicle's capability to get to more remote places to camp, and enjoying the journey along the way (culture, food, scenery) is what excites me. My Jeep is stock and it does the trick for me.