Sponsored

OTA Update is finally here!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
You do not need to unmarry your Tazer or return to stock your FlashCal to get or install the UConnect update. The Jeep's TIPM/PCM and the UConnect unit are two completely separate computer systems.
Sponsored

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I got the update 3 days ago and it uploaded successfully BUT no Off Road Pages showing up in apps. Has anyone else experienced this? Have the 8.4 screen infotainment on a Sahara JLU.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I got the update 3 days ago and it uploaded successfully BUT no Off Road Pages showing up in apps. Has anyone else experienced this? Have the 8.4 screen infotainment on a Sahara JLU.
Me too

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I could be wrong, but I don't believe ORP is a standard feature on the Sahara.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Mine updated while driving and the Jeep was on. The update can only start when in park and the Jeep is not running.
Poor wording on my part, I guess... I was trying to say that you need engine off for the OTA update to proceed to begin. Actually, from what I gather, you will not get the OTA update notice while you are actively driving. You get the notice when you turn the vehicle off and can only proceed with / start the update if the vehicle is off.. after the OTA update actually starts you can drive while it loads which takes 26 min. I believe.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I could be wrong, but I don't believe ORP is a standard feature on the Sahara.
@Spank
I read a forum post the other day where a guy with a Sahara and the 8.4 talked about how he had received his ORP with the OTA update.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
@Spank
I read a forum post the other day where a guy with a Sahara and the 8.4 talked about how he had received his ORP with the OTA update.
FWIW this sounds very familiar to me too.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Ok Marylanders!!! Got the update this morning. I accepted it and scheduled for later (once I get home from work). I scheduled it for 1630 hrs . We'll see......

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
Got mine yesterday, Atlanta

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Update made its way to Maryland! Build date was early May 2018. Started download right before I was getting out of the Jeep. The screen popped up so I hit the download button. Turned off the Jeep and went about my business. To my surprise, when I got back in an hour or so later the update was finished and OR pages were there.

DF24D09C-B341-481D-B5B6-60CBB352007A.jpeg

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
yeah it says its there but no offroad pages and no ability to check vehicle health. onthe phone with Uconnec they say they can't manually resend it.

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
You should have no issue getting the OTA update. When they make the OTA update available to you is the ?
Ha..right after I posted this...

q2KHhSK.jpg

1sKwq9S.jpg

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
2 1/2 days later. Mine still gives me this when i try to use them...
20180916_173633.jpg

Currently on the phone. First I talked to uconnect, who says you have to have a serious xm guardian subscription to use it (which I have, obviously). She then tranfered me to them, and they confirmed that the subscription is active and valid. Now I'm sitting on hold while she speaks to "higher ups".

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Ever day I see more people that are getting this damn update. The way it’s going, I’ll be lucky if I get it before the end of the year!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Well cr...please I called u connect they sent me to Sirius who knew nothing so I called u connect back to see if they can manually resend the update nope she also told me the system shows mine as being updated but I can't get my vehicle health or off road pages the update said it was going through while I was driving but it did not the best unconnected tell me is that it might go through in a few days fnnn Might? I'll htry the dealer or a system reboot next
Sponsored