Sponsored

OTA Update is finally here!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have the Superchips Flashcal on my JLUR. It is married and the module is installed still. I'm in North Carolina and have not received the update.

I sent a note to Superchips inquiring if the install would hinder my update. I have not received a response. I'll report back if I get it and whether or not it was successful. But to my knowledge, others in North Carolina have also not started receiving the update.
You should have no issue getting the OTA update. When they make the OTA update available to you is the ?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I just got mine updated but I don't see the offroad pages. it happened while iwas driving? do I have to reset something or what?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@wanderer

Can tell you it absolutely, did NOT happen while you were driving. Update can only happen ... can only proceed, if the JL is turned off. The update takes 26 mins..

Once the OTA completes there is nothing you can or should do.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
the screen kept saying 56% done 13 min remianing etc, then it counted down.while i was driving.... Maybe that is why I don't have the off road pages. I couln't use the radio unil it was doen but whwn it was I couldn't see anything different. Bummer what now? By the way I am in california.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone in Illinois got the update yet? Also, does this update only include the off-road pages or does it have any more goodies?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@wanderer

Read the forum threads entitled OTA .... or ORP. Many here to include myself have commented on their OTA update experience. You can learn what to expect and more on the vanishing and then reappearing ORP's for example.

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Got the OTA update Saturday the 15th. My wife was running an errand. She said it took about 25 minutes and went smoothly. Sahara with 8.4 screen, born May 2018.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
yep pretty sure I f---- it up. IT started loading while I was parked it was about half way through I know it said not to drive but I wanted to get home and did and not get stuck in traffic so I did not wait the 20 min for it to finish and drove whicH I am pretty sure now messed withthe uploading. Now it say that the system has been updated but There is no differnce that I can tell. I ownder if there is way to reboot the system or is it a dealer thing. any one know? NO Off road Pages.. do you think it will recognize this and resend an update atuomatically or do you thinkI have to take it to the dealer.?

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine a few hours ago in SoCal. Update started, while we had stopped at the mall waiting for our niece. Took a short drive, was updating while driving. Still,updating when we shut it off. Came back to the Jeep a few hours later, update complete and everything is good. No ghosting, no issues, off road pages are there and functional.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
yep pretty sure I f---- it up. IT started loading while I was parked it was about half way through I know it said not to drive but I wanted to get home and did and not get stuck in traffic so I did not wait the 20 min for it to finish and drove whicH I am pretty sure now messed withthe uploading. Now it say that the system has been updated but There is no differnce that I can tell. I ownder if there is way to reboot the system or is it a dealer thing. any one know? NO Off road Pages.. do you think it will recognize this and resend an update atuomatically or do you thinkI have to take it to the dealer.?
I drove while mine updated. It didn't say not to. Went fine and I have offroad pages.

Check uconnect site (plug in your VIN) to see if it thinks you're updated. I'd also pull the battery for 5 mins (or issue a full reboot if you have a Tazer).

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
@wanderer

Can tell you it absolutely, did NOT happen while you were driving. Update can only happen ... can only proceed, if the JL is turned off. The update takes 26 mins..

Once the OTA completes there is nothing you can or should do.
Mine updated while driving and the Jeep was on. The update can only start when in park and the Jeep is not running.

MD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES350, Ford F150, Kawasaki Teryx Sport
Received OTA Off Road Pages update Saturday, 9-15-18 in Peoria, AZ. Install went well. Everything worked fine but the program disappeared a couple of hours later. Got in the jeep the next day and noticed Off Road Pages installed and working properly. From what most are writing, the glitch seems to correct itself in a few hours. The pitch and roll only operates under 25 mph since its meant to be used off roading. Dragged the icon to the menu bar for easy access.
Sponsored