Ordered My 4XE Yesterday

GCM4XE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4XE
Hey everyone! I finally pulled the trigger and decided to order a 2021 4XE. I'll be trading in my 2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody when it arrives (gonna be very hard to see it go but I put 45k miles on it in under 3 years lol). I traded my 2017 JK Sahara Unlimited with a 2.5" lift and 35's for the Challenger but I'm ready to get back into a Wrangler and not have to own and maintain two vehicles (I live in New England).

Anyways, here are the specs-

Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4XE
Customer Preferred Package 29P
Granite Crystal Metallic
Black Leather
MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top (couldn't go with the power top when I learned it can't come completely off)
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Gorilla Glass Windshield (sounded cool and it was only a $95 option)
MOPAR All-Weather Floor Mats
MOPAR Stainless Steel Door Sill Guards
Safety Group
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group (really only want the built in AUX buttons for accessory lighting)
Cold Weather Group
Integrated Off-Road Camera

MSRP: $59,195.00

Gonna order the MOPAR 2" Lift and 17" Fuel rims on 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Debating on going up to a 37" wheel.. thoughts? To be honest, this will mostly be a pavement princess and not going to see the dirt very much. Not too concerned about rubbing at full flex or anything like that. I know, lame.
Sponsored

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
Very cool, did you order from a local dealer?

CsD

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Congrats. People ask me how I feel about my 4xe vs my JK rubicon and I always tell them, don’t regret it at all. It’s just fun to drive b

OP
OP
GCM4XE

GCM4XE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very cool, did you order from a local dealer?
Yes, about 15 minutes away from my house. They told me ETA is 6-8 weeks but it seems like a lot of people on here are getting their orders in 4-6.

shklog

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4XE
congrats on the new purchase! i love mine but i dont remember seeing a gorilla glass option when i built mine....kinda jealous of that. mine arrived about 2 months after placing the order at the dealer.

Sponsored

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Yes, about 15 minutes away from my house. They told me ETA is 6-8 weeks but it seems like a lot of people on here are getting their orders in 4-6.
I would not count on getting it so speedily. I am still in D1 waiting for my build to start and I ordered 6/7 so coming up on 7 weeks. Supposed to start build on Tuesday, 7/27 and I don't expect to get it until mid August or a bit later so maybe 9-10 weeks for me.

OP
OP
GCM4XE

GCM4XE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would not count on getting it so speedily. I am still in D1 waiting for my build to start and I ordered 6/7 so coming up on 7 weeks. Supposed to start build on Tuesday, 7/27 and I don't expect to get it until mid August or a bit later so maybe 9-10 weeks for me.
Oh man.. how soon after you placed the order did you get a VIN number? I had a VIN within two days…. hoping that’s a good sign lol

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Oh man.. how soon after you placed the order did you get a VIN number? I had a VIN within two days…. hoping that’s a good sign lol
About the same for me. However, I ordered gorilla glass and it is clear that it caused a delay as they were not ready with stock and/or not ready to install it when the started taking those orders.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I had a VIN in 2 days as well. Ordered 4/29, a Thursday. I asked dealer Friday what my next steps are and to kind of set up communication expectations. He responded after work that scanner wasn't working so he'd send confirmation sheet and VIN Monday, which he did.

You can search my post history, but essentially I saw tons of others post their 4xe updates while mine didn't move. Builds with the same trim and same options or more were ordered after mine, then built, shipped, delivered, bought, and driven away, before my build ever moved past D1. Some May 1st-5th orders were being driven off their dealer lots before mine moved past D1.

When it finally got into building, 6 weeks after order, it went through the build process super quick. Then sat in inspections for 2 weeks. Then I finally got an escalation after talking to every single agent who worked for jeep chat and customer care. They then put it in additional equipment and then finally into shipping. I got it exactly 11 weeks after purchase.

There's not really a rhyme or reason to whose gets built when or why. I don't recommend selling your car in expectation of a specific delivery date (I did and regret it immensely as a few weeks borrowing a car turned into almost two months instead and my original 'expected delivery 6/8' turned into 7/16.)

Get excited, plan your mods, and then just kind of settle in for a wait.

OP
OP
GCM4XE

GCM4XE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a VIN in 2 days as well. Ordered 4/29, a Thursday. I asked dealer Friday what my next steps are and to kind of set up communication expectations. He responded after work that scanner wasn't working so he'd send confirmation sheet and VIN Monday, which he did.

You can search my post history, but essentially I saw tons of others post their 4xe updates while mine didn't move. Builds with the same trim and same options or more were ordered after mine, then built, shipped, delivered, bought, and driven away, before my build ever moved past D1. Some May 1st-5th orders were being driven off their dealer lots before mine moved past D1.

When it finally got into building, 6 weeks after order, it went through the build process super quick. Then sat in inspections for 2 weeks. Then I finally got an escalation after talking to every single agent who worked for jeep chat and customer care. They then put it in additional equipment and then finally into shipping. I got it exactly 11 weeks after purchase.

There's not really a rhyme or reason to whose gets built when or why. I don't recommend selling your car in expectation of a specific delivery date (I did and regret it immensely as a few weeks borrowing a car turned into almost two months instead and my original 'expected delivery 6/8' turned into 7/16.)

Get excited, plan your mods, and then just kind of settle in for a wait.
Thank you, I appreciate the solid advice. I traded my Challenger in to the dealership when I ordered the Jeep just because the used car market is so hot and I got a very fair trade-in number. I have an older Lexus RX350 I’m planning to sell privately after the Jeep arrives.
Sponsored