First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired
We have a VIN# and an estimated ship date of March 24. 😄😄 If that's true, wow! That would be 20 days from order to shipping.
Well the dealer said today it’s on its second rail in shipping, what ever that means. The hardest thing when ordering a Jeep of your dreams is then waiting period, ugh!!
Sponsored

AZ Great White

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired
Congrats. Pricey, haha. I stickered out at $59k. We picked it up on Jan 28th -- hit Moab two weeks later. So glad to have a STOCK 2 door in the garage. It's honestly pretty much perfect. Wife's DD. Trail occasionally here/there. Only thing we might do would be to add a small 1 inch spacer, 315's when the tires wear out, and likely will add onboard ARB compressor. Doubt I'll add a winch... just will carry some recovery gear.

1615343020929.png
Very nice looking rig, not a bad color I might add!!!

OP
OP

mattebury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Just talked to Jeep Chat and it's still sitting at a status of D1 three weeks after the order, probably being affected by the chip shortage since we ordered both safety groups. They said all parts have been received, so let's hope that it's a good sign. (FYI, hope is not a strategy 😜)

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I ordered my 2-door Rubicon on 3/17. According to Jeep Chat as of today, parts are acquired and waiting my turn to enter build.

• 3.6L 24v VVT w/ESS
  • 6 speed manual
  • Billet Silver
  • cloth seats
  • 3-piece hard top
  • 8.4" radio and premium audio group
  • trailer tow and HD electrical group
  • cold weather group
  • LED lighting group
$41,305 with dealer financing and Tread Lightly discount.

Actual numbers will vary, of course, depending on day of pick up.

Jeep 9.jpg

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Ordered mine 1/27/19 and it took 6 weeks. Rubi with v6, auto and color matched hardtop. 38.5K out the door COD. Hope yours will be trouble free for you, mine has. FYI, insist on a good pre- purchase drive before taking delivery. Don't except an rig with issues. Dealer will tell you tell you not to worry. haha, You won't if you don't accept a problem and let them past it on to you.

OP
OP

mattebury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Got an email yesterday from Jeep Customer Care telling me that our Jeep is projected to be at the dealer the week of May 2nd. Still no build sheet or window sticker so I emailed the salesperson for a status update. He sent me a screen shot that shows the status is JB - Shipped to Body Vendor!

Finally, confirmation that our JLR is being built!

OP
OP

mattebury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Stoked, just got the email that there's a build sheet! 😄

The anticipation is killing me

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Finally ordered my 2-door Jeep Rubicon. I learned a few things that are not outlined in the Jeep order guide. You can't get the cold air intake with the V6 and auto transmission (only available with the V6 with manual transmission, not sure why), you can't get the cargo tub liner when you order the premium audio group (subwoofer takes up the space where the cargo liner would go), it looks like there was a price increase in April (I ordered on 4/3/21, increase in the base jeep by $302, however, no price increases on any options I ordered), and there is a $9 charge for 4 gallons of gas (that does not appear in the MSRP amount).

I am in BA, pending order, I guess since I ordered on a Saturday? Who knows when I will go into D status but I do see I have a vehicle order number at least.

Already ordered the soft top, Racor storage rack, the Topsy products cable cam driver and hinge hoist bracket kit, and, sadly, standard side steps (my wife is too short and those heavy duty rock slider with step assist is still just too narrow for her). This Jeep is getting very expensive.

Jeep order pg1.jpg

Jeep order pg2.jpg

Sponsored

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Wow, thats like every option available on your build sheet. Nothing wrong with that, I say if you can afford it might as well live it up!

Congrats on the order. I placed my order about a week ago, mine was in status D and I had my VON and VIN within 24 business hours. Jeep chat told me on thursday that the parts were available and should be entering build phase soon, no ETA though. Mine had quite a bit less options than yours though. I'm wondering if the worldwide microchip supply chain shortage issues will affect options like advanced safety.

AZ Great White

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired
Finally ordered my 2-door Jeep Rubicon. I learned a few things that are not outlined in the Jeep order guide. You can't get the cold air intake with the V6 and auto transmission (only available with the V6 with manual transmission, not sure why), you can't get the cargo tub liner when you order the premium audio group (subwoofer takes up the space where the cargo liner would go), it looks like there was a price increase in April (I ordered on 4/3/21, increase in the base jeep by $302, however, no price increases on any options I ordered), and there is a $9 charge for 4 gallons of gas (that does not appear in the MSRP amount).

I am in BA, pending order, I guess since I ordered on a Saturday? Who knows when I will go into D status but I do see I have a vehicle order number at least.

Already ordered the soft top, Racor storage rack, the Topsy products cable cam driver and hinge hoist bracket kit, and, sadly, standard side steps (my wife is too short and those heavy duty rock slider with step assist is still just too narrow for her). This Jeep is getting very expensive.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered a 2-Door Rubicon Jeep order pg2

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered a 2-Door Rubicon Jeep order pg2
Well very nice build! I did the same thing minus the dual door group, painted fender/top and block heater.
I just pick it up yesterday and so far the only thing I’m not crazy about is the sub woofer location, it takes up the entire cargo tub in the back.
Lastly Nice color!!!

2413502B-B331-403C-8866-63409469292B.jpeg

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Wow! Your Jeep looks great! I saw the picture posted while it was on the dealer lot as well. I see you have the tops off and enjoying a beautiful blue sky day. I can't wait for mine. Now the wait...Ugh!

OP
OP

mattebury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Schweet! Just got notification that I’ve got a window sticker! Now I just have to wait for delivery!

order = 3/5/21
build found = 4/1/21
sticker found = 4/6/21

OP
OP

mattebury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
And, now that the excitement has worn off, I've compared the sticker to the original order sheet that we had with the dealer back on March 4th. The only thing that has changed is that the base MSRP has gone up $425, all options have stayed the same price. I'll have to wait for the April 2-door Order Guide to be posted to see how much the invoice price has increased.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to ship to SoCal. There are several huge rail yards within a two-hour drive of my dealer.
Sponsored