Sponsored

Ordered a 2021 4 door Willy's (poor mans rubicon)

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy's Diesel 4 door Sarge Green
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey gang! I'm pretty excited!! On 4/2/2021 I ordered a 4 door Jeep wrangler Willy's!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered a 2021 4 door Willy's (poor mans rubicon) 20210409_122438

While not fully loaded, it does have the things that matter to me. I tried to keep the payment down to less than my house payment. :) From what I understand, it's in status D now, which I guess means gathering parts. I should call the plant and ask if maybe they need help rolling the tires over, or maybe someone to hand them a wrench when they need one.. :) This is exciting!!! I got Sarge Green because my first Wrangler, a 1997 4 cylinder 5 speed was green.. as well. It makes me smile when I saw a green one at the dealership. Another thing that made me smile was starting up the diesel. Took it for a test spin and I liked it. I'll update here as I find out changes in status..

Oh yea, maybe someone can explain why I'm getting charged for 4 additional gallons of gas as well as 3.8 gallons of diesel? That seems weird.
Sponsored

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Nice! Thinking of ordering a Willys as well. Did your dealer give you any kind of ETA on it? I know they must be delayed with the chip shortage.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
You won't get any gas. I'm pretty sure they know better than to put gas in an diesel engined vehicle.

The "4 Additional Gallons of Gas" line is common on all FCA vehicles build sheets. They have to put fuel in to move the vehicle out of the line and over to the testing machine, then out the door to the staging lot.

However you should not be charged for gas. You should be charged for diesel. Looking at the columns MSRP is, of course, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. The FWP column is dealer invoice data.

Tell 'em they owe you 9 bucks... ;)

OP
OP
davers

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Nice! Thinking of ordering a Willys as well. Did your dealer give you any kind of ETA on it? I know they must be delayed with the chip shortage.
They quoted the typical 6 to 8 weeks.. but said it could be sooner or later lol.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Hey gang! I'm pretty excited!! On 4/2/2021 I ordered a 4 door Jeep wrangler Willy's!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered a 2021 4 door Willy's (poor mans rubicon) 20210409_122438

While not fully loaded, it does have the things that matter to me. I tried to keep the payment down to less than my house payment. :) From what I understand, it's in status D now, which I guess means gathering parts. I should call the plant and ask if maybe they need help rolling the tires over, or maybe someone to hand them a wrench when they need one.. :) This is exciting!!! I got Sarge Green because my first Wrangler, a 1997 4 cylinder 5 speed was green.. as well. It makes me smile when I saw a green one at the dealership. Another thing that made me smile was starting up the diesel. Took it for a test spin and I liked it. I'll update here as I find out changes in status..

Oh yea, maybe someone can explain why I'm getting charged for 4 additional gallons of gas as well as 3.8 gallons of diesel? That seems weird.
Congrats. But I wouldn't call it a 'poor man's.' You spent 12k more than I did for a 2020 Rubicon.
Great color!

Sponsored

OP
OP
davers

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey gang! I've been checking up on the status of my order, and it seems it's been stuck at the inspection stage for a few weeks.. is that normal?

Ocog2181

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
Hey gang! I've been checking up on the status of my order, and it seems it's been stuck at the inspection stage for a few weeks.. is that normal?
Something probably failed inspection. They have to work out the issue. My Rubicon was ordered on 4/15 and already on it's way to the dealer.

OP
OP
davers

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Something probably failed inspection. They have to work out the issue. My Rubicon was ordered on 4/15 and already on it's way to the dealer.
Well, that sucks... :(

OP
OP
davers

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
So..this is kind of funny... anyone ever had their Jeep scrapped during the inspection phase? My dealer just let me know that my Jeep has been scrapped. They cloned the order and its now being fast tracked... 🤨

N3mesis

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, Wrangler on Order
So..this is kind of funny... anyone ever had their Jeep scrapped during the inspection phase? My dealer just let me know that my Jeep has been scrapped. They cloned the order and its now being fast tracked... 🤨
Wow that sucks. At least they caught it and you didn't get one with something so wrong it had to be scrapped! Hopefully fast track means only a few more weeks and you will have it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
davers

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey gang! So! I got my new Willys and his name is Scrappy!! ;) Picked him up this past Friday after only a few weeks after the original order was scrapped.. pretty cool. Dealer was awesome! Even though they are 30 minutes from my house I will be using them for all my Dealership needs. They were extremely helpful, low-key, and best of all, they weren't pushy at all! So, without further ado, here he is
Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered a 2021 4 door Willy's (poor mans rubicon) 20210618_124247

Absolutely love it! I have to tell you, the last jeep I owned was a 2000 Sport with a 5 speed manual that I sold about 12 years ago or so.. and this jeep is NOT even close to that jeep!!!! I'm sooo geeked!! :)

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
Congrats and welcome to the Willys club! I was very seriously considering that color, and although I don’t really regret anything with my purchase, that’s one thing I still think about. Kinda always wanted a green Jeep...

Looks like your neighbor has good taste too 😃

JeepLeap

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Hey gang! So! I got my new Willys and his name is Scrappy!! ;) Picked him up this past Friday after only a few weeks after the original order was scrapped.. pretty cool. Dealer was awesome! Even though they are 30 minutes from my house I will be using them for all my Dealership needs. They were extremely helpful, low-key, and best of all, they weren't pushy at all! So, without further ado, here he is
Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered a 2021 4 door Willy's (poor mans rubicon) 20210618_124247

Absolutely love it! I have to tell you, the last jeep I owned was a 2000 Sport with a 5 speed manual that I sold about 12 years ago or so.. and this jeep is NOT even close to that jeep!!!! I'm sooo geeked!! :)
I’m waiting for mine as we speak. Seeing yours gets me excited!!! Happy so far? Any issues?

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
Hey gang! So! I got my new Willys and his name is Scrappy!! ;)
Looks great! Can't wait for my Sarge Willy's! Be sure to post about it in the Sarge Green and Willys threads.
Sponsored