Sponsored

Oracle surface mount halos... Warning.

Arch Stanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Wrangler
So I just spent a full day, (almost), mounting and wiring a set of surface mount halos from Oracle lighting. Super excited to see them on at night. To my surprise, when I turned them on they were blue! Of course I thought they had shipped me the wrong product, so I called and then started an email chain with one of their representatives. She had me send photos of the halos on, (see below), to see what the problem was. After I sent photos of my blue halos, this was the response,
"White LEDs start their life as blue. During the manufacturing process, a yellow film is applied over this blue LED to offset the color into white. The light or darkness of the yellow film determines the amount of “warmth” (Yellow) or “Coolness” (Blue) of the LED. ORACLE Lighting uses a lighter yellow film to provide a cooler white which meets 6000K temperature rating on all white LED products."
Which I'm sure is absolutely true, unfortunately the halos Oracle sells land in the 12,000K to 20,000K range according to Oracle's very own chart.... in other words blue!
My last email from them was, "Thank you for the additional photos. I can assure you that these are our white halos. I apologize if this is not the white you were initially interested in, but this is our standard white halos that we offer to all customers." Yea, the white I was interested in was white. Check out the photos below and see for yourself, my favorite being Oracle's "white" halos next to my driving lights which are, you guessed it, white Oracle LEDs! Also check out the color of the light spill on my bumper.
caveat emptor!
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle surface mount halos... Warning. IMG_4133
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle surface mount halos... Warning. Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 6.27.17 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle surface mount halos... Warning. DSC01501
Sponsored

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
You might get pulled over for having blue lights.

I bought their headlights and a few of the LED's in the halos are duds. I have yet to email them about it. Hopefully it'll be an easy process.

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Wrangler
Great, never even thought about getting pulled over! Of course, blue = police. Are you allowed to swear on this forum?

Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Yeah that is ridiculous! But the website pic does show them blue-ish right?

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle surface mount halos... Warning. 1611368625231

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Sorry to hear that you are unahppy with the color temperature of our product. Our white is in fact a cool white color which emits a small amount of blue. We have seen no concerns from law enforcement on this product.

Also, we send all products with information to test the product prior to installing it. This is where you can determine the color, output, and satisfaction without actually installing it. If you are unhappy you have 30 days to refund the parts, which we cover shipping back.

We have reached out to you on this matter via email, and will continue to communicate that way.

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Wrangler
Great! That means I can send them back. Thank you. Where do I send them?

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Wrangler
Here's my favorite part from the Oracle reply above, "Also, we send all products with information to test the product prior to installing it. This is where you can determine the color, output, and satisfaction without actually installing it." Guess what... another lie, NOTHING in the box about "testing the product prior to installing it"! They are even removing my reviews on their website... This company is starting to reek of dishonesty!

IMG_4328.jpeg

IMG_4327.jpeg

Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my favorite part from the Oracle reply above, "Also, we send all products with information to test the product prior to installing it. This is where you can determine the color, output, and satisfaction without actually installing it." Guess what... another lie, NOTHING in the box about "testing the product prior to installing it"! They are even removing my reviews on their website... This company is starting to reek of dishonesty!

IMG_4328.jpeg

IMG_4327.jpeg
Not taking sides here-because from what you have posted your lights are BLUE.

However 2 observations:
1. Many aftermarket lights that I see on the road have a blue hue to them. The light is unnatural (almost like hospital lighting or lighting in a jewelry story). When white light has that clinical blue tone, it just doesn't look right (to me). I think most people like more of a warm tone (color/temp).

2. I buy a lot of stuff. A lot. Based on the packaging (above) it looks to me like Oracle has gone above and beyond what many vendors include as "instructions". Compare what is printed in the box even to what FCA/MOPAR puts in their hieroglyphics errrrrrr, I mean directions and it is night and day. Objectively looking at what Oracle provides in and on the box, it is more than most people might expect and looks like they make every effort to help you with the product. (The exception may be the "testing procedure" which I also have never seen from any vendor-but that is just me).

With that being said, it appears they are stating that you can return their product if you are dissatisfied and they will cover shipping along with being able to email/contacting them directly.
Seems pretty legit... If it isn't I am sure you will post a follow up.

I see your frustration (I would be frustrated too), but lets not lose site that outside vendors only exist if they provide good products and good customer service. If they didn't we wouldn't have options to modify our Jeeps and we would all be driving stock Jeeps.

Please let us know how it plays out, I hope you get resolution and find the white halos that you are looking for. (Your post makes me appreciate my OEM LEDS).

Best of luck,

RockHopper

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Great! That means I can send them back. Thank you. Where do I send them?
Good luck with that. They want pics and videos and all that Jazz. I am still going back and forth witi them on some tail lights. They are responsive but are they helpful?

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Wrangler
Hey RockHopper,
Thanks for the reply. I agree, Oracle does go above and beyond with instructions, videos, offers to call them if you have a problem, (which I did when this all started), in fact I own their LED running lights, (6000K white), and even just bought their awesome LED in bumper LED back-up lights, also 6000K white. What I don't understand is if they are able to make all these other LED products a neutral 6000K white, why are their halos blue? Also why they are peppering their responses with lies? Nowhere, in shipped instructions or in their install videos do they tell you to test the product first, what they said in their response above is a lie. And when I first reached out to them, they said, "White LEDs start their life as blue. During the manufacturing process, a yellow film is applied over this blue LED to offset the color into white. The light or darkness of the yellow film determines the amount of “warmth” (Yellow) or “Coolness” (Blue) of the LED. ORACLE Lighting uses a lighter yellow film to provide a cooler white which meets 6000K temperature rating on all white LED products."

"Which meets 6000K temperature rating on ALL white LED products."

I'm at a loss... I think I backed them into a corner and they are trying to wiggle out with half truths.

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 6.27.17 PM.png

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Umm, just return them bro... thats the out.