Oracle oculus upgrade

Nu2JL

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
the new JL came with halogen so I had to upgrade. I went with the Oracle oculus bi-led. I also upgraded the fog lights to the 20w high output fog lights.
the head lights went in super easy and wiring the drl halo was simple. Everything was plug and play. The worst part was pulling the grill off.
I will tell you they do not include instructions. They are quick to email you back but offer little assistance other than a video they will direct you to.
I was able to get both sets for significantly less than a pair of mopar led headlights (900$)
Now I just need to adjust them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle oculus upgrade A28C2DB3-8189-4ADF-97D8-5902017FE80F

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle oculus upgrade E530BB8D-3BED-45E7-A08E-035D0D3F63C9

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle oculus upgrade 69E11403-F737-49B5-871A-B47D4D7F02C9

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle oculus upgrade 02436E7C-6978-4EF5-A5E2-910E276F308B
Sponsored

Last edited:

deaner23

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
the new JL came with halogen so I had to upgrade. I went with the Oracle oculus bi-led. I also upgraded the fog lights to the 20w high output fog lights.
the head lights went in super easy and wiring the drl halo was simple. Everything was plug and play. The worst part was pulling the grill off.
I will tell you they do not include instructions. They are quick to email you back but offer little assistance other than a video they will direct you to.
I was able to get both sets for significantly less than a pair of mopar led headlights (900$)
Now I just need to adjust them.

looks great fellow Georgian! I just got mine shipped in last night. which fog lights are those exactly? they look great!

oracle hl.jpg

OP
OP

Nu2JL

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
They are the led 20W fogs. There are no directions so when you install they say use the plug and play which happens to be the red plug coming out of the tan bracket. I was about to cut and butt connect until I happened to pull on the red plug and realized what it was.
there will be a lot of extra wire and you will need to split the black wire with the o ring for the ground post and the red wire for the fuse box about 6-7 inches.
thanks for the compliment. They are so much better than the stick halogen
I just need to adjust down a little and adjust the fogs a bit.
good luck with yours
Keith

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with mine.

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
My Oracle LED headlight kit arrived today! Will install them Saturday and actually be able to see at night again!
Can't wait to see those installed! :like:

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
Thinking of installing these oracle headlights in my JLU Sport S. Couple of dumb questions.
these are 9” headlights right?
Will they plug and play if I only have the halogen lights in currently?
Now you’ve had them for a while, any problems with fogging or anything?
Still love them? Worth the money?

thanks a lot

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Thinking of installing these oracle headlights in my JLU Sport S. Couple of dumb questions.

thanks a lot
Hope this bumps it up for you to get some more opinions - no dumb questions!

These are 9" direct replacemnets, and they are plug-and-play. You just simply wire in for the halo. Some do experience a slight fog when they first install them since it's humid at our New Orleans facility, but this goes away once it dissipates through the venting system. We get lots of great reviews; here's a few on our product page!

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.

thanks a lot
I haven't had mine long enough to speak on longevity...but I can answer the rest. They are 9", plug and play (and about the easiest install of any lighting accessory i've ever installed on any vehicle I might add)...I had the halogens and just they swap right in. Also - I have had zero issues with fogging - but I allowed my lamps to acclimate for five days before installation. I just removed them from the box and let them sit in the house so that any moisture would dissipate before installation.

Sponsored

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine last week and they make a huge difference compared to OEM halogens. I received a question from someone asking why their cigarette lighter no longer works after they wired the halos to the cig lighter fuse location. I haven't tested mine yet, but has anyone else experienced or heard about this?

Thanks in advance
G

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I installed mine last week and they make a huge difference compared to OEM halogens. I received a question from someone asking why their cigarette lighter no longer works after they wired the halos to the cig lighter fuse location. I haven't tested mine yet, but has anyone else experienced or heard about this?

Thanks in advance
G
They may have installed the fuse tap incorrectly. Do their halo's still work? if so, just the fuse to the cigarette lighter is blown and needs to be swapped.

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply Josh. I will post on the site to have them check the fuse. I did see that someone from Oracle posted a reply for that question to relocate the fuse to the pwr outlet in the rear if they have one.
I was hoping to get Oracle to respond for an "official" perspective, but maybe they'll come back to it next week after holiday vacation.

Thanks again
Sponsored