OP
OP
skrubi12

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I explained this in another thread questioning these headlights but i'll add it here too:

Headlamps are NOT sealed. They can't be. They have to be able to acclimate to the environment around them, else they would instantly fog up on the first cool morning and stay that way. The trick is that they need to breathe without allowing moisture in and we don't really have a perfect way to do that. It used to be horn vents that did it, which were essentially tubes that faced downward and relied on gravity to keep moisture out. Newer applications use aperiodic vents that work very slowly, which is why you will sometimes see fog on the lens if the lamp has been subjected to a cool damp day immediately following a warm dry one, OR any other quick change in temp and humidity. It takes a day or so for the air inside the lamp to "sync up" with the air outside it.

I have this happen pretty frequently to all my vehicles in the spring and fall. Again, it should go away quickly. If it sticks around for a few days that means that either the vent(s) is/are clogged or there is a leak somewhere.
I appreciate the explanation - helpful in understanding.
Sponsored

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
I explained this in another thread questioning these headlights but i'll add it here too:

Headlamps are NOT sealed. They can't be. They have to be able to acclimate to the environment around them, else they would instantly fog up on the first cool morning and stay that way. The trick is that they need to breathe without allowing moisture in and we don't really have a perfect way to do that. It used to be horn vents that did it, which were essentially tubes that faced downward and relied on gravity to keep moisture out. Newer applications use aperiodic vents that work very slowly, which is why you will sometimes see fog on the lens if the lamp has been subjected to a cool damp day immediately following a warm dry one, OR any other quick change in temp and humidity. It takes a day or so for the air inside the lamp to "sync up" with the air outside it.

I have this happen pretty frequently to all my vehicles in the spring and fall. Again, it should go away quickly. If it sticks around for a few days that means that either the vent(s) is/are clogged or there is a leak somewhere.
yes fully understand this however my judgment is based on zero fogging with OEM's for over a year and immediate with these after some rain.

Will check drains and monitor, would appreciate @ORACLElights advising please also.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
yes fully understand this however my judgment is based on zero fogging with OEM's for over a year and immediate with these after some rain.

Will check drains and monitor, would appreciate @ORACLElights advising please also.
It's nearly impossible to never have fog in headlamps. It is possible that you didn't notice it or that the fog shows up in different places on the OEM lamps though.

Like I said, I have seen this same phenomenon on pretty much every vehicle i've owned that I can still recall. The vast majority of those were OEM.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing

Hi there, Kevin gave a great explanation of this. If you want more information from us, give this blog a read: https://www.oraclelights.com/fog. Even OEM lights are not immune to this happening on occasion, and it will not affect the performance of the light.

Fogging should dissipate within a few days. Otherwise, monitor for pooling or standing water, and let us know if you see that happening. We'll be happy to go from there!

-Rachel

Sponsored

GunnarJeep44

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Hi there, Kevin gave a great explanation of this. If you want more information from us, give this blog a read: https://www.oraclelights.com/fog. Even OEM lights are not immune to this happening on occasion, and it will not affect the performance of the light.

Fogging should dissipate within a few days. Otherwise, monitor for pooling or standing water, and let us know if you see that happening. We'll be happy to go from there!

-Rachel
Appreicate your helpful involvement here. I am having the same issue with my brand new Oculus lights. If my garage js heated and I live in the northeast (where its fairly cool right now 40’s) would that potentially be the cause of the lights fogging up when I go out with the vehicle?

I also have a lot of oncomjng traffic flashing me which seems to indicate my leveling is off but also wondering if the fog might be creating glare?

I had the lights professionally installed by a distributor of yours.

Thanks

20F1257F-832B-4687-BF10-44E394CA44F3.jpeg

DCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport, 2022 Sahara
It’s not normal for headlights to constantly fog. I’ve only ever seen it (once) on jeep oems after a wash. If it’s bilateral and just condensation that clears I doubt it’s a leak.

I do wonder if these units have either too aggressive or not enough ventilation to prevent a consistent fogging picture. Aesthetically and output wise they seem best on market, but it would suck if they were routinely fogged up while the crappy oem housings just don’t do that

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Appreicate your helpful involvement here. I am having the same issue with my brand new Oculus lights. If my garage js heated and I live in the northeast (where its fairly cool right now 40’s) would that potentially be the cause of the lights fogging up when I go out with the vehicle?

I also have a lot of oncomjng traffic flashing me which seems to indicate my leveling is off but also wondering if the fog might be creating glare?

I had the lights professionally installed by a distributor of yours.

Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Oculus Moisture 20F1257F-832B-4687-BF10-44E394CA44F3
Condensation or fog is 100% normal when first installing headlights. You can find other references from members where they have seen this due to a change in temperature and just installing the product, and after a week or so, this completely dissipates. This is not a problem with the lights itself.

For the adjustment you may need to do this. You can follow the steps below:
It's a necessary step to check & re-aim any headlights when replaced. Here's step by step instructions on how to aim the Oculus lights:
  1. Park the Jeep 15-20ft. away from a wall on a flat surface
  2. Measure from the ground to the center of each headlight
  3. Mark the same height on the wall with tape
  4. Locate the adjuster bolt on the back of each headlight covered by a rubber cap
  5. Aim the cutoff lines to meet the marked spots on the wall using the supplied allen tool.
-Missy

Askar

First Name
ASKAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeeP WRANGLER unlimited 3.0 Eco Diesel (Red), Lend Rover Sport 4.4TDI, Toyota Camry 70.
Sorry you feel that way. Our customer service team does everything in our power to follow the proper policies we have, located in detail on the site here, while also keeping the customer happy.

We will continue to offer the best possible customer service to everyone and provide any solutions possible. Thank you for your feedback!

-Missy
I bought LED turn signals from you, they stopped working after 3 months of operation ... At first, the diodes partially stopped glowing, burned out or broke, now almost nothing to glow ...

The problem is that I'm from another country, there is no point in sending them back to you. I bought a second set of turn signals in the hope that this one would be better, but they met the same fate. The quality of this product leaves much to be desired ...

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I bought LED turn signals from you, they stopped working after 3 months of operation ... At first, the diodes partially stopped glowing, burned out or broke, now almost nothing to glow ...

The problem is that I'm from another country, there is no point in sending them back to you. I bought a second set of turn signals in the hope that this one would be better, but they met the same fate. The quality of this product leaves much to be desired ...

PM us a photo of the issue and your order number and I will be happy to assist you with this
-Brittany

Sponsored

Slava

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport
Is it normal/ordinary for Oracle? - Yes. It fogs all the time.
Is it normal for a 650$ headlights to fog all the time? NO.
My conventional oculus headlights were fogged all the time. Later the heated Oculus headlights surprisingly revealed the same lens fogging issue (despite being heated!). And it never goes away as long as it's cold outside - even when air is fairly dry (humidity does not exceed 40-50%), which is strange because fog/condensation should not normally occur under these condition.
My guess - the design of these headlights is flawed. The outside moisture somehow finds its way in, and eventually condenses on the cold lens. Oracle advertises some active cooling: " Remote mounted heat sinks and an internal cooling fan work in conjunction to insure proper temperature control...." , and this could be what brings the moisture in. The moisture trapped inside can not readily escape (equilibrate with dry outside air) that explains why the headlights remain fogged up for a very long time. To the best of my knowledge, the factory Mopar OEM LED light has only passive cooling system (large aluminum heat sinks on the bottom), and they never fog. Will be able to verify it shortly after I receive them.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Is it normal/ordinary for Oracle? - Yes. It fogs all the time.
Is it normal for a 650$ headlights to fog all the time? NO.
My conventional oculus headlights were fogged all the time. Later the heated Oculus headlights surprisingly revealed the same lens fogging issue (despite being heated!). And it never goes away as long as it's cold outside - even when air is fairly dry (humidity does not exceed 40-50%), which is strange because fog/condensation should not normally occur under these condition.
My guess - the design of these headlights is flawed. The outside moisture somehow finds its way in, and eventually condenses on the cold lens. Oracle advertises some active cooling: " Remote mounted heat sinks and an internal cooling fan work in conjunction to insure proper temperature control...." , and this could be what brings the moisture in. The moisture trapped inside can not readily escape (equilibrate with dry outside air) that explains why the headlights remain fogged up for a very long time. To the best of my knowledge, the factory Mopar OEM LED light has only passive cooling system (large aluminum heat sinks on the bottom), and they never fog. Will be able to verify it shortly after I receive them.
Hello! I have not witnessed a consistent fog in the OCULUS light from other customers. Have you reached out to our technical or support team with your concerns? We would be happy to explore this further with you and find solutions!

FoxyJeeper

First Name
Foxyjeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Are you people still experiencing fogging with your lights? If not, how long before it went away? I just installed a pair on my JL and noticed fogging after a few days. This was the second pair of Oracle headlights that I received (first set was returned because one of
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Oculus Moisture CC837006-23D0-4369-9CC2-3FBDFF483260
the lights had a random screw rolling around inside the lens). They give off great light but, so far, I’m unimpressed with the quality. I have a Quadratec return label and am debating sending them back for a different brand or keeping them with the hope the fogging stops after a few weeks.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Are you people still experiencing fogging with your lights? If not, how long before it went away? I just installed a pair on my JL and noticed fogging after a few days. This was the second pair of Oracle headlights that I received (first set was returned because one of
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Oculus Moisture CC837006-23D0-4369-9CC2-3FBDFF483260
the lights had a random screw rolling around inside the lens). They give off great light but, so far, I’m unimpressed with the quality. I have a Quadratec return label and am debating sending them back for a different brand or keeping them with the hope the fogging stops after a few weeks.
I would HIGHLY suggest waiting for the condensation to dissipate. We have had a select group of customers experience this, especially with the change in temperatures from our area to colder weather.
After about 1 week almost all customers no longer had this effect.

Please give it time! If you do not see anything lessen, please reach out to us directly for assistance.
Sponsored