donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up "getting rid" of the cigarette adapter in the back by getting a Dometic Hard Wire Kit and securing it to the roll cage. By "getting rid", I just mean I don't use it anymore. :)
Sponsored

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the cargo light and it works great. One question for Oracle, though...why do you recommend routing the wiring along the window instead of under the cover with the rear wiper wiring? The cover pops off pretty easily and there seems to be adequate space. Anyway, that's what I did and haven't noticed any issues, and it's a much cleaner set up.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Just installed the cargo light and it works great. One question for Oracle, though...why do you recommend routing the wiring along the window instead of under the cover with the rear wiper wiring? The cover pops off pretty easily and there seems to be adequate space. Anyway, that's what I did and haven't noticed any issues, and it's a much cleaner set up.
For instructions we usually don’t include anything extra tedious or laborious because we’re taking into consideration the experience level of the average installer. Of course you are always welcome to perform an install in a custom way to suit your needs.

-Missy

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Oracle Cargo light
Rear cargo.jpg
Or 2.jpg
Or 1.jpg
Or 5.jpg
Back plug.jpg

Finally got around to getting rid of the wiring mess had a Dometic fridge socket installed for the frideg and the oracle hardwired with a switch much better that the cig lighter socket with triple

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to getting rid of the wiring mess had a Dometic fridge socket installed for the frideg and the oracle hardwired with a switch much better that the cig lighter socket with triple
I smashed the Accessory Power adapter, as expected. In hindsight, I should have run it to my ARB hard wire extension, that I ran to the battery. Zoom in the to bottom left to see the carnage. Picked up a replacement Accessory Power adapter at Love's Travel Shop. Note I strapped the ARB hard wire extension to the roll cage base.

Dometic fridge connects to the 2 pin, and the Oracle light connects to the accessory port...the ARB hard wire extension runs through the panels to the firewall and over to the battery (comes with enough wire for a JLU).

20210331-Packed-and-ready-to-go.png

IMG_6923.png

Sponsored

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
Im also disappointed by the accessory cig plug. For one, its no longer there. I put a dual USP port in its place. Im going to tap in to the rear dome light. I was thinking ill use the accessory socket I removed and wire it to the dome and hide the connection in the wheel well trim.
Hi @eLECTRICON did you ever wire yours in to the rear dome light in the end?

I'm planning on installing my light this weekend but my rear 12V only powers up when the engine is running (as I have a rear dashcam wired in here) which means there will be no power to my light unless the engine is on 🤦‍♂️

I was wondering about wiring it to the interior lights somehow, so power goes to the cargo light as soon as the tailgate is opened. Came on here and was about to ask if anyone has done this and I found your post.

Did you wire yours in the end? Any tips? Thanks!

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
Are you asking about how it works with the cig socket? It would be fine to just plug it in and leave it, but since that plug is independent of the ignition switch, and do not want to change that. I decided to plug a tree socket adapter in with a on and off switch for three reasons. First the plug for the light has a power diode that glows, and I do not want any unnecessary power draw, second I want to preserve the socket from breaking by just leaving something plugged in all the time that does not draw any power. Finally my third reason is I want to power other things while the light is working. As far as the brightness goes I think is just right, the only small thing is because of where it is mounted the very back part is slightly darker than the rest, but if you pull the window down maybe two inches it fills that part with light. So far I am pretty happy with it, if I continue mto like I might find a way to hard wire it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle cargo light IMG_6923
Hi Bob, what tree adapter is this, if i may ask? Looking at a similar solution for myself to use it on and off as needed. Thnaks

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Bob, what tree adapter is this, if i may ask? Looking at a similar solution for myself to use it on and off as needed. Thnaks
I changed my setup for two reasons one I had the light hardwired with a switch on the back panel and also installed a Dometic dual 12v socket forward of the roll bar, so I had a direct connection to the battery and to give me more room for the fridge than the factory outlet would.
I looked up the adapter I had been using and Amazon no longer has that one, but I know they have others that would work as well

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
I changed my setup for two reasons one I had the light hardwired with a switch on the back panel and also installed a Dometic dual 12v socket forward of the roll bar, so I had a direct connection to the battery and to give me more room for the fridge than the factory outlet would.
I looked up the adapter I had been using and Amazon no longer has that one, but I know they have others that would work as well
Thanks Bob. Good to know. I think long term what you did is the way to go.
Sponsored