Sponsored

One-Touch Power Windows Question

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks, I'll try this.
That won't work, as there is no auto up function on the JL. Nevermind that he's talking about a completely different model that's almost 15 years old. They work exactly like I said they work. Go sit in your Jeep with the ignition off and you will feel the detent.
Sponsored

OP
OP
emgeesea

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
That won't work, as there is no auto up function on the JL. Nevermind that he's talking about a completely different model that's almost 15 years old. They work exactly like I said they work. Go sit in your Jeep with the ignition off and you will feel the detent.
Ok, I just sat in my Jeep, and I believe you are correct. Lightly pressing the window switches allows for manual control of the window down function without one-touch engaging. And a full press engages one-touch, at least on my passenger side...

I must have a bad driver's side switch because one-touch does not engage on the first full press - it always requires 2 full presses. I also noticed that when the driver's window is about to close, the glass moves (rocks) a bit - as though the glass may not be properly secured to the frame. The passenger window does not do this. Do you think this could be related to the one-touch not engaging on the first press?

Thanks.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ok, I just sat in my Jeep, and I believe you are correct. Lightly pressing the window switches allows for manual control of the window down function without one-touch engaging. And a full press engages one-touch, at least on my passenger side...

I must have a bad driver's side switch because one-touch does not engage on the first full press - it always requires 2 full presses. I also noticed that when the driver's window is about to close, the glass moves (rocks) a bit - as though the glass may not be properly secured to the frame. The passenger window does not do this. Do you think this could be related to the one-touch not engaging on the first press?

Thanks.
Those 2 issues would not be related but I would definitely have both of them fixed.

OP
OP
emgeesea

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Those 2 issues would not be related but I would definitely have both of them fixed.
Ah, the dreaded trip to the dealership for problems with a brand new vehicle.

Thanks again,

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ah, the dreaded trip to the dealership for problems with a brand new vehicle.

Thanks again,
For the record, my dealership had been great to work with on the few small issues I've had along with the clutch recall.

Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
You have your doors on? In the summer?
1. It won't be officially summer until June 20th. ;)
2. He might use it as a DD, as my wife does with her Recon, and it would be unsafe to park it at work with the doors off.

Anyway, both front power windows auto down work with just one press of the switch on ours. I'm awaiting the module for auto up that was mentioned in another thread over ayear ago.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
2. He might use it as a DD, as my wife does with her Recon, and it would be unsafe to park it at work with the doors off.

Anyway, both front power windows auto down work with just one press of the switch on ours. I'm awaiting the module for auto up that was mentioned in another thread over ayear ago.
I want that too, however I have heard the DOT has restricted the auto ups over safety concerns based on some past child fatalities

Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I want that too, however I have heard the DOT has restricted the auto ups over safety concerns based on some past child fatalities
I have auto up on my 2018 GC. Is this DOT restriction something that was enacted since then?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have auto up on my 2018 GC. Is this DOT restriction something that was enacted since then?
There is a lot more electronics involved with auto-up to do it safely. There is a pressure switch to keep major injuries/deaths from happening. My guess is that's why Jeep left it off the Wrangler.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

This is why my doors remain on week days. I wish there was a way to stow them in the back so I could put them on/off after work.

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I have a 2007 WK that I bought as a used rental 1 yr old and now has 162k and still my only vehicle.

There were numerous 'window regulator' issues/recalls, etc. I had them done initially and DaimlerChrylser was all about them because somehow every German car in the 2000s had window regulators that were trash.

One of the major complaints was that the front windows (both auto up/auto down) sometimes would not activate on the first press. Turns out (I think) it is just some idiotic electric fault. It always works the second time. Seems to come and go. I found out you could 'reset' them by opening all the way, then bringing them up manually (not auto up) on the first detent and holding them closed for 10-15 seconds (your finger still on the first detent up). This cures the problem 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time it goes away after a while. I learned to not care about this since they work flawlessly otherwise.
i had the same issue with my 07 grand cherokee. the regulator crapped out. when the dealer replaced($321) it they skipped the auto up / down fix. luckly i checked before leaving the shop. i went back in and ask them to quit doing a half ass job and fix it. they fussed over it and went out and fixed it with a simple hold the window button down and crank on the ignition. i'm like geez that was so hard that you was fussing over a simple thing. he walk off and i gave him the bird.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I pay full insurance haha - so rip away (actually I hope it does not happen), I might cry but the insurance is gonna pay for the damage. That is why I got the stock Alpine installed in my Jeep. Sure makes me feel more relaxed when I am driving with the roof off and soon with the two doors off after I purchase a side mirror!!!
I’ve got full insurance too, but still won’t leave the Jeep door less for 8 hours at work.
Sponsored