Sponsored

How do you hang your Sky One Touch Power Roof quarter panel windows on garage wall?

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR (Awaiting Delivery - Order Date 7/20/18), Billet Silver, 3.6 V6, 8 spd. Auto, Sky One-Touch Power Roof, Leather Interior, Color Fender Flares, Remote Proximity Keyless, Steel Bumper, Safety Group, Infotainment, LED Group. Trailer Tow
Occupation
Retired Lawyer
How do you hang the two rear quarter panel windows on the garage wall?

This forum has some great feed back on the variety of ways to hang your jeep doors on garage walls. However, a Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited equipped with a Sky One Touch Power Roof has two rear quarter panel windows and window frames. (As you know, the glass is fixed in the frame.) These windows are actually easier to remove than the doors. (See video demonstration below.) There are a variety of products designed to store or hang soft top windows. But, I can find nothing on the forum or Internet that addresses what Jeep owners are suppose to do with these windows. Nor, can I find any aftermarket products designed to hang the windows.

Safely storing these painted rear quarter panel windows is just as important as the doors. I have worked hard to finish my garage walls to hang my doors and would like to also hang the windows. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Jackson; according to the Jeep website, it should’ve came with a storage bag for those rear quarter windows. Other than that, you could try some padded “J” hooks.

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, previously 2007 Wrangler, 97 TJ
There seem to be very few people on the forums that have taken delivery of a Sky One Touch, I keep searching around for feedback as I'm torn as to whether or not to go for it before I order. But will be interested to follow this thread too

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
I just lean mine against the wall in the garage, while they sit on a towl. I mean, thery're only off for a few hours at a time. You could also just put them in the bag and put the bag on the floor. Or, the bag has handles, so hang them on the wall by the handles.

Sponsored

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep searching around for feedback as I'm torn as to whether or not to go for it before I order.
In January, I bought a loaded 18 JLU Rubicon. Last week I traded it for an 18 loaded JLU Rubicon with the Sky One-touch. I could not be happier with that decision! I have opened the top every day this week leaving work. No hassle, no fuss...just push a button to slide the top back and lower the windows. Done.

"Oh, it's going to rain this morning, but be nice later in the day"? "No worries, I'll can still go open air on the way home".

Perfect!

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In January, I bought a loaded 18 JLU Rubicon. Last week I traded it for an 18 loaded JLU Rubicon with the Sky One-touch. I could not be happier with that decision! I have opened the top every day this week leaving work. No hassle, no fuss...just push a button to slide the top back and lower the windows. Done.

"Oh, it's going to rain this morning, but be nice later in the day"? "No worries, I'll can still go open air on the way home".

Perfect!
Nice...Congrats!. Did you move from Hardtop to One touch or Soft top to One touch? Can I ask if you notice significant wind noise differences?

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice...Congrats!. Did you move from Hardtop to One touch or Soft top to One touch? Can I ask if you notice significant wind noise differences?
I was thinking of writing a compare/contrast review between the two tops, but haven't got around to it. Plus, I don't know if too many people really care.

To answer your question, though, my first Wrangler had a hard top and the Sky top is definitely quieter than it was with respect to wind noise. HOWEVER, if there is a noise source outside like, say, a Harley or something, it is defiantly louder in the cabin. But for general wind noise, the Sky is quieter. I've tried to narrow down why the hard top is louder, and the only thing I can think of is it must be the horizontal gap between the Freedom tops and the hard top. Maybe that gap is what is creating the additional wind noise. The Sky is, of course, smooth. This has been my experience but others may have a different opinion, though.

I LOVE the Sky top and now that I've had it, I could never go back. It's soooo easy and convenient! I've had the top rolled back many more times than before already, and I've only had it two weeks. I've had three crappy and rainy mornings that turned into beautiful afternoons...just pushed the button and off I went for my topless afternoon commute home. Awesome!

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking of writing a compare/contrast review between the two tops, but haven't got around to it. Plus, I don't know if too many people really care.

To answer your question, though, my first Wrangler had a hard top and the Sky top is definitely quieter than it was with respect to wind noise. HOWEVER, if there is a noise source outside like, say, a Harley or something, it is defiantly louder in the cabin. But for general wind noise, the Sky is quieter. I've tried to narrow down why the hard top is louder, and the only thing I can think of is it must be the horizontal gap between the Freedom tops and the hard top. Maybe that gap is what is creating the additional wind noise. The Sky is, of course, smooth. This has been my experience but others may have a different opinion, though.

I LOVE the Sky top and now that I've had it, I could never go back. It's soooo easy and convenient! I've had the top rolled back many more times than before already, and I've only had it two weeks. I've had three crappy and rainy mornings that turned into beautiful afternoons...just pushed the button and off I went for my topless afternoon commute home. Awesome!
Many thanks, I appreciate the info, I'm definitely leaning towards ordering the one-touch but we do get a lot of rain here and I do drive at highway speed fairly often so its just noise and potential for leaks vs the joy of having an open (or somewhat open) jeep again after only having a hard top on my last two wrangler since I have no where to store a hardtop as a condo dweller.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I hang them in the bag.
Sponsored