First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I have auto up on my 2018 GC. Is this DOT restriction something that was enacted since then?
Dunno, mine has it too.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @emgeesea,

According to page 62 of your Owner's Manual (PDF version here: https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.../Wrangler/P114603_20_JL_OM_EN_USC_DIGITAL.pdf )

"The driver door power window switch and the passenger door power window switches have an Auto-Down feature. Push the window switch down, for a short period of time, and release and the window will go down automatically. To partially open the window, push the window switch down briefly and release it when you want the window to stop. To stop the window from going all the way down during the Auto-Down operation, pull up on the switch briefly."

Darlene
Jeep Cares

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hi @emgeesea,

According to page 62 of your Owner's Manual (PDF version here: https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.../Wrangler/P114603_20_JL_OM_EN_USC_DIGITAL.pdf )

"The driver door power window switch and the passenger door power window switches have an Auto-Down feature. Push the window switch down, for a short period of time, and release and the window will go down automatically. To partially open the window, push the window switch down briefly and release it when you want the window to stop. To stop the window from going all the way down during the Auto-Down operation, pull up on the switch briefly."

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Unfortunately the manual doesn't say anything about the detents, which is important. How long you hold the button really had no bearing on the auto feature, it's how far you press the button that matters.

OP
OP
emgeesea

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Hi @emgeesea,

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thanks, Darlene. I think based on this, I have a bad switch, since even when I depress the switch past the detent it still does not engage the auto-down function unless I depress it fully twice. Looks like I need to visit the dealership.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@emgeesea,

You're welcome. Please feel free to send us a private message if additional support is needed while in service for this!

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Iā€™m having a problem with one touch down on the rear windows, and one touch up on all windows. Because Jeep cut corners and didnā€™t add the feature that should be standard on all JLā€™s with power windows. IMO thereā€™s really no excuse for this, even the most economy of economy vehicle have one touch up and down. Time to step it up Jeep. While Iā€™m at it LEDā€™s should be standard all the way around too, Toyota did it for the Corolla... Jus Sayn!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Iā€™m having a problem with one touch down on the rear windows, and one touch up on all windows. Because Jeep cut corners and didnā€™t add the feature that should be standard on all JLā€™s with power windows. IMO thereā€™s really no excuse for this, even the most economy of economy vehicle have one touch up and down. Time to step it up Jeep. While Iā€™m at it LEDā€™s should be standard all the way around too, Toyota did it for the Corolla... Jus Sayn!
So why didn't you get the Corolla? Auto-on removable does isn't as straight forward as you think. Keeping the electronics inside the doors to a minimum is a smart choice.

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
So why didn't you get the Corolla? Auto-on removable does isn't as straight forward as you think. Keeping the electronics inside the doors to a minimum is a smart choice.
word302, why would you ask?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
word302, why would you ask?
Because you're bitching about something stupid. Imagine if after removing your doors there is a problem with the connection after putting them back on. The pressure sensor malfunctions and the auto-up kills your kid. It's easy to understand why there's no auto-up with removable doors.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
This is why my doors remain on week days. I wish there was a way to stow them in the back so I could put them on/off after work.
Sorry to go off topic but I agree with you lance. If I had the room at my house for one of those little box trailers Iā€™d be tempted to buy one just so I could take my doors off but have them with me just in case...
If you go a distance you never know if thereā€™s going to be a late thunderstorm or just a chilly summer night on the ride home.
Just this morning I went to my nieces house about 90 minutes away to install a copper water line for a garden hose. I wouldā€™ve loved my tube doors for the ride but one forecast had possible thunderstorms so that ended that.

Sponsored

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Because you're bitching about something stupid. Imagine if after removing your doors there is a problem with the connection after putting them back on. The pressure sensor malfunctions and the auto-up kills your kid. It's easy to understand why there's no auto-up with removable doors.
Youā€™re certainly entitled to an opinion, or in this case whinnying and making assumptions about something without facts. You should stop, youā€™re embarrassing yourself.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yowvman makes a point but I do agree with you Word. I remember when I was a kid, my older brother was always a rebel. We had a Chevy Impala with power windows, mom was driving and closing the window. For some reason my brother decided to either stick his head out or get it back in while the window was on the way up. I remember his head sideways, stuck and him screaming. (Iā€™m laughing as Iā€™m typing this) because now she stopped the car lowered the window and gave him a beating to go with his already sore head. Ah the good old days!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Youā€™re certainly entitled to an opinion, or in this case whinnying and making assumptions about something without facts. You should stop, youā€™re embarrassing yourself.
Lol. Ok dude.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up a 2021 JLUR and my switches donā€™t show auto like my 18 sport did. Is this not a standard? Was this a feature or do they just not show the auto word anymore? I guess I need to try the hold technique and see if itā€™ll auto down.
Sponsored