Sponsored

Off-road + in Jeep 392

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Offroad + really is cool on the pavement. The Jeep sounds nasty when it shifts! Really fun, and I am def hitting the button if I intend to launch fast
Sponsored

UTNewJeepOwner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, 2023 Red Jeep 392 XR
Curious how you are using it? DO you just turn it on when you use it, or do you turn any other settings ON/OFF along with it, like ESC?

Other than the exhaust note while driving seeming to be increased, do you notice anything other changes in driving like stiffer suspension, better steering, etc.? Basically things that a Sport Mode setting would give a driver in other vehicles.

Thanks in advance for your experience. I won't get my 2023 order for a bit yet it appears, but I like reading up on things so I can hit the ground running. Thanks again!!

Offroad + really is cool on the pavement. The Jeep sounds nasty when it shifts! Really fun, and I am def hitting the button if I intend to launch fast

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Curious how you are using it? DO you just turn it on when you use it, or do you turn any other settings ON/OFF along with it, like ESC?

Other than the exhaust note while driving seeming to be increased, do you notice anything other changes in driving like stiffer suspension, better steering, etc.? Basically things that a Sport Mode setting would give a driver in other vehicles.

Thanks in advance for your experience. I won't get my 2023 order for a bit yet it appears, but I like reading up on things so I can hit the ground running. Thanks again!!
I just hit the offroad + button and it disables traction control. No suspension or steering changes at all. Shift points, how long it holds a gear, and the way it shifts such as speed and firmness all change.

You will not be disappointed with your new Jeep. I don't drive mine daily, but every time I fire it up it, it feels special.

I have had numerous people come up to me and talk to me about the Jeep and how nasty it sounds and holy shit I cant believe a Jeep runs like that. Its stupid fun.

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
I agree the mode is just more fun since it holds the lower gear, and therefore higher revs longer before shifting when you come off the accelerator.

I found it a good substitute for a manual downshift and engine brake with off-road+, when slowing down.

Try this with OR+ in 4H full-time, as you're approaching a corner or a stop:

* Slam the accelerator to the floor for just a fraction of a second (if you release right away it won't send more fuel to the engine, just downshift)
* Then throw the shifter left into manual mode to hold that gear

That's the best substitute I can find to downshifting into 2nd gear in my Viper to engine brake and hopefully get some nice pops. You could pull the left paddle shifter a few times or even hold it in for 1.5 seconds but there are too many gears to find the right one that way. Punching the accelerator for that instant seems to have a better result, then lock in that gear throwing the shifter to manual mode.

It works pretty well without moving to manual but it tends to shift to the higher gear sooner than I would if it were a manual.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
I can’t imagine driving around town without off-road + and a pedal commander. 392 is a different beast!

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
@BradyW did you know this?
I had not heard of this or ever thought to try it out. I guess I'm just a prude only using offroad + while offroad!

I'll put it on my "research" list. ;)
Sponsored