Sponsored

Off-road + in Jeep 392

First Name
Ehab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU 392
Im sure most Jeep 392 owners tried the off-road + button which unleashes the Hemi 6.4 powered engine to its fullest potential
The question is if its supposed to be used while off-roading only ?

image.jpg
Sponsored

RCEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Pretty sure the off road + button is to enable using the rear locker at higher speeds and disabling traction control in 4 H or 4part time, like for doing 30-40 mph on dirt roads or navigating bumps at speed. Use it for overlanding, not for rock crawling.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Pretty sure the off road + button is to enable using the rear locker at higher speeds and disabling traction control in 4 H or 4part time, like for doing 30-40 mph on dirt roads or navigating bumps at speed. Use it for overlanding, not for rock crawling.
Offroad Plus behaves differently dependant on hi or lo. See picture I posted above.
The only way to get rear lockers on only in 4wd hi is to hit Offroad Plus then press and hold traction control to fully shut it down. Then turn on rear locker.

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I love to use it around town for the "decellerate" option and the exhaust popping when it does it turns heads. ;)

Sponsored

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 GTO,14 Abarth,18 Velar,19 JLUR,22 392 XR
Sadly, I owned my 392 for 4 months before I realized that Off Road+ is Sport Mode for this thing. I have a 2019 Rubi manual which doesn't have OR+ so I never bothered to play with it on the 392. Was going to wait till I was actually off road... go figure...

I only drive it in OR+ now and you can re-enable ESC if you like.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
It's a whole new world for you now lol!!

when that gets just ok and kind normal, then add a Hikeit HOLY CRAP! You can snap your neck off

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Try it in low. It kills throttle response even more.

UTNewJeepOwner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, 2023 Red Jeep 392 XR
Have a 392 ordered, so am very curious about this setting now.

What are you seeing in your driving when it is on? Things like shifting, throttle response, exhaust note, and overall speed. According to the manual, looks like there is no speed max on the car with this on and in 4H?

Isn't the car always in 4WD? If I am correct, is that always in 4H, or is that just a general AWD setting?

This is jumping the gun, since I don't even have my 392 yet, but it's never too early to learn? What is your process for turning it on when you get in the car? Do you leave ESC on with it too? Since it looks like you can use ESC with it on, I am curious what the stability of the car in this mode is like while driving with ESC turned on or off?

Sadly, I owned my 392 for 4 months before I realized that Off Road+ is Sport Mode for this thing. I have a 2019 Rubi manual which doesn't have OR+ so I never bothered to play with it on the 392. Was going to wait till I was actually off road... go figure...

I only drive it in OR+ now and you can re-enable ESC if you like.

Last edited:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
In settings you can set it to be active on launch. Turn it on and leave it there!😊 Rear locker in 4PT only, not 4auto, speed limiter—If Only it did, also doesn’t disable MDS like Sport Mode on my GC does, only manual shift disables 😖
Sponsored

Last edited: