First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have 9,500 miles.
Cool. I'm at around 2500 miles and it seems like the more I drive it the better the MPG's get. But also, with the Fuel economy screen on the cluster I've become more and more aware of my driving. It's kind of funny but even using my cruise control, the difference between setting it at 70mph vs. 65mph is pretty drastic when traveling on the highway. So I've definitely found the sweet spot. I've read post with some people getting some outstanding MPG's but then I realize I'm in a Rubi with heavier axles and a different gear ratio. The other thing that I've realized is that when it's cold out using the Remote Start and letting the Jeep warm up kills my overall MPG's as well.
Sponsored

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Yep I’ve noticed the remote start killing my mpg. And differing speeds definitely make a drastic difference and found that sweet spot too.

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
Just did my first oil change at 2k miles and used the pennzoil platinum full synthetic SAE 5W-30 (SN+) 5 quarts with the mobile 1 M1-113A oil filter instead of mopar oil filter and engine is running great! For those want to use oil filter other then OEM I attached a pic. Btw my used oil was really dirty and black for only driving 2k miles. I was surprised and wonder if anyone else had the same problem?

531610D3-B6FA-4F2F-A2C6-104B65BEA488.jpeg

Last edited:

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Just did my first oil change at 2k miles and used the pennzoil platinum full synthetic SAE 5W-30 (SN+) 5 quarts with the mobile 1 M1-113A oil filter instead of mopar oil filter and engine is running great! For those want to use oil filter other then OEM I attached a pic. Btw my used oil was really dirty and black for only driving 2k miles. I was surprised and wonder if anyone else had the same problem?

531610D3-B6FA-4F2F-A2C6-104B65BEA488.jpeg
You can not see oil quality by looking at it. All oil is dirty and black after use. You have to do UOA to see if there is an actual issue. You likely do not have a problem. Cut open a used filter and look for a bunch of metal. That would tell you something isn't right. Or send off your oil for UOA and get the real story.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My oil was black but I drive a black Jeep so I figured that's why. Instead of wasting your money sending your oil for analysis donate the money to charity and spend it on something useful.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My oil was black but I drive a black Jeep so I figured that's why. Instead of wasting your money sending your oil for analysis donate the money to charity and spend it on something useful.
With that logic, why buy a Jeep? Go spend your money on something useful, like donating it to a charity or buying a Prius. :facepalm:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
With that logic, why buy a Jeep? Go spend your money on something useful, like donating it to a charity or buying a Prius. :facepalm:
I had a Lamborghini and I donated that to 'Cheerleaders having to drive Cadillacs' charity. So that took care of my charity work for a couple of years.
Just think about the billions of oil changes done each year without analysis and not having any engine problems. Unless you are in Formula One it is a waste of money.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Lamborghini and I donated that to 'Cheerleaders having to drive Cadillacs' charity. So that took care of my charity work for a couple of years.
Just think about the billions of oil changes done each year without analysis and not having any engine problems. Unless you are in Formula One it is a waste of money.
Big deal. I gave at the office. Think of the millions people getting from point a to b with no need for 4wd. It is such a waste of gas and steel. It is a waste of money unless you live in a remote area without paved or maintained roads.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Big deal. I gave at the office. Think of the millions people getting from point a to b with no need for 4wd. It is such a waste of gas and steel. It is a waste of money unless you live in a remote area without paved or maintained roads.
Do you mean because I never take mine out of NYC I shouldn't have one? Have you seen the size of some of our potholes? Takes a Rubicon to get out of them.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Do you mean because I never take mine out of NYC I shouldn't have one? Have you seen the size of some of our potholes? Takes a Rubicon to get out of them.
Some of the potholes here in Chicago this year after the -25 degree temps and freezing rain are quite impressive. Makes justifying that Rubicon that much more easier. lol.

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Do anyone have any UOA's on this engine yet? Any fuel dilution issues? Timing chain rattles towards the end of OCI?
Sponsored