oscarmikeNB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hello,

I apologize in advance, I have searched this forum and the internet, and I cannot for the life of me find the Mopar Oil Filter number, and preferred oil or OEM Oil to use for this 2.0 turbo motor. Can anyone help a nooby out?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
oscarmikeNB

oscarmikeNB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)

Sponsored

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much for the confirmation! I took a picture of my Filter and that is the product number I had. I just could not match it up at Autozone. Any reason why you chose the 0w 20 rather than 5w 30, that I believe is recommended?
I’m trying to find the article of where I read this. But something along the lines of the lighter weight and viscosity is better for the 2.0 if I ever come across the info I will definitely share. I did notice a improvement in fuel efficiency with the 0W-20.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I’m trying to find the article of where I read this. But something along the lines of the lighter weight and viscosity is better for the 2.0 if I ever come across the info I will definitely share. I did notice a improvement in fuel efficiency with the 0W-20.
Does it meet the required specification in the manual? If not, you should consider not posting about your oil choice, as it will likely invalidate your warranty. You should not be using different weight oil than specified, especially in a turbocharged engine. It's going to sheer that 0W-20 down into nothing in no time flat, and you're going to have a really bad day. I'd hate to see a UOA on your oil right now, it's probably a 15 weight or less at this point. Go get your oil changed in a hurry before you have serious issues.

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it meet the required specification in the manual? If not, you should consider not posting about your oil choice, as it will likely invalidate your warranty. You should not be using different weight oil than specified, especially in a turbocharged engine. It's going to sheer that 0W-20 down into nothing in no time flat, and you're going to have a really bad day. I'd hate to see a UOA on your oil right now, it's probably a 15 weight or less at this point. Go get your oil changed in a hurry before you have serious issues.
Yes, thank you for the heads up. From what I read the numbers match the specifications.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There was a recall on the oil in the 2.0L
Earlier models had the wrong oil and oil cap. They had 5w-20. Recall involves oil change to 5w-30 and a new oil cap that states to use 5w-30.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There was a recall on the oil in the 2.0L
Earlier models had the wrong oil and oil cap. They had 5w-20. Recall involves oil change to 5w-30 and a new oil cap that states to use 5w-30.

And further to that they said to change to SN PLUS, not just SN. The SN PLUS is required to mitigate turbo GDI engine low speed pre-ignition.

Sponsored

OP
OP
oscarmikeNB

oscarmikeNB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you guys, easiest oil change ever!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How do you know the oil had any impact to increased fuel efficiency? Did you drive a prescribed course at the same speed with a measured amount of gas in the same weather and traffic conditions prior to the oil change and then after? That's the only way to know for sure assuming all other conditions are kept constant.

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I went from 18-19mpg hwy to 22-26mpg pretty drastic results no matter the constant.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Well I went from 18-19mpg hwy to 22-26mpg pretty drastic results no matter the constant.
How many miles on the Jeep though? Oil may have certainly come into play but the 2.0 has a tendency to get better MPG's as they break in. Also seasonal gas mixtures and octane's come into play as well, along with subconscious driving habit changes. Again... Oil can certainly be a factor but there's a lot of other things that could be in play.