Oil Filter

JLstubie

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
2018 JLUR. Bought it last July (2019). Dealer had it, the area had a tornado and it was the only vehicle not damaged. Dealer said they did an oil change when they opened back up. Took it in for a free oil change last time. Decided to do it myself this time around and when I was removing the old filter it had printed “factory installed”. My thought is they never once changed the filter. Thoughts? Should I have any concerns other than the dealer potentially being shystie?
Also, here is a pic

E047FBEA-47DC-4C07-8AAD-333D91AF5279.jpeg
Advertisement

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
2018 JLUR. Bought it last July (2019). Dealer had it, the area had a tornado and it was the only vehicle not damaged. Dealer said they did an oil change when they opened back up. Took it in for a free oil change last time. Decided to do it myself this time around and when I was removing the old filter it had printed “factory installed”. My thought is they never once changed the filter. Thoughts? Should I have any concerns other than the dealer potentially being shystie?
Also, here is a pic

E047FBEA-47DC-4C07-8AAD-333D91AF5279.jpeg
Great looking JLUR. Im curious as well, you know for a friend;)

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I hate to say it, but I think you do have that many miles on it. The dealership wouldn't have the "factory installed" print on a filter they grabbed off the shelf in the parts department. Now, whether or not it makes a big difference will remain to be seen. You might want to cut it open and have a look inside...

Advertisement

Freeland Jeep

Advertisement