Sponsored

Odd requirements at a certain dealership.

Seals881

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan LEAF, JULR Diesel(ordered)
Happened to my spouses first Wrangler purchase a week ago. Finance guy said it was required, and wouldn't take no for an answer as it was "required for loan". And this was in Washington state, so it's pretty common. Also, same as you, they wouldn't offer the MOPAR warranty, only some other brand. Right now they are begging us to keep it at least 6 months, yeah no thanks, refund it fully please, and ensure that commission isn't paid. Will be reporting them as well to Jeep, and the state.

It's really incredible on the amount of dishonest Jeep dealers, it's kind of predatory due to American's want them so bad? Not really sure what is up. Out of 10+ years of buying cars, from Chevy to BMW, the "Jeep/Dodge/RAM dealers seem to be the most dishonest.
Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
Every time I've bought a new vehicle, the experience has been a little more crappy.

Back in 2012, they basically handed me a checklist of bullshit options, and took no for an answer on all of them. The same in 2014. In 2016, I had to buy the nitrogen and paint protection package, because it was "already built in."

I was okay with that at the time. The 2016 purchase was a Mustang for my backstabbing cheating whore wife, to thank her for all her years of being faithful and true. :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: I was such a blind, trusting dumbass.

I didn't especially want to wax the useless pile of crap, so I didn't mind. They sent it home with a can of some mystery coating that had to be applied twice a year. Wait, you mean like wax? What bullshit!

When I just got my new '21, they basically didn't give me any choices. Everything was already rolled in, and I paid an extra $6,000 for bullshit. Nitrogen for an off-road vehicle with deflators and an air compressor. That makes sense. Paint protection package for a vehicle that was muddy when I bought the damn thing, and got more muddy when I drove it off the lot. It's all just the dealership padding its bottom line, and that crooked slicky boy weasel in the finance office putting his 12 daughters into new Mercedes at my expense.

I want to go punch that guy's teeth in for raping me, but the fact is I have serious personality flaws, and I can't stand up to bullies like that. One of the consequences is that I always grab my ankles and take a gigantic raping whenever I make any kind of big deal like this.

Well, it is what it is. No use hating myself for something I really just can't fix about myself. There is a voice in my head saying, "Don't take this shit, you pussy! Walk out! That will teach them!" But I can't do it. I just have some screwed up anxiety issue. I'm ashamed of it, but for a guy who got raped in a trailer park and abused by alcoholics for his formative years, I try to just laugh at how much it sucks to have these issues, and love myself anyway.

Sorry. Miniature pity party.
Man, theres such a thing as a broker you can use. Takes a lot of pain out of car buying......or you can also buy from the recommended dealers mentioned here and ship or fly/drive home.

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Warranty is never a requirement of any bank or credit union. Jeep Warranty, especially on a new one would not cost $6000 either, more like $2500. You can cancel the warranty and get a refund though. The hard part is to get the finance guy to answer the phone to let you do it

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Happened to my spouses first Wrangler purchase a week ago. Finance guy said it was required, and wouldn't take no for an answer as it was "required for loan". And this was in Washington state, so it's pretty common. Also, same as you, they wouldn't offer the MOPAR warranty, only some other brand. Right now they are begging us to keep it at least 6 months, yeah no thanks, refund it fully please, and ensure that commission isn't paid. Will be reporting them as well to Jeep, and the state.

It's really incredible on the amount of dishonest Jeep dealers, it's kind of predatory due to American's want them so bad? Not really sure what is up. Out of 10+ years of buying cars, from Chevy to BMW, the "Jeep/Dodge/RAM dealers seem to be the most dishonest.
Which Washington state Jeep dealer?

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
For $7200 you could probably get a new motor lol.

$1300 though, I find it hard to say no to that... is that still a thing? Hmm. Maybe I should look into it. Question is if I want to keep my JL that long ,lol.
Congrats on your new jeep and sorry to hear your story. I got a warranty quote from Tom Winkels at [email protected]. He gives really good prices on Mopar warranties. Many threats here praising him. I am still early on in ownerships so thinking through pros/cons. I hope this helps.

Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Bud Clary of Auburn, and a heads up the recommended sales person is no longer at the dealer.
Phillip Olson is no longer there?? Sad! Do you know where he ended up at? No wonder I haven't gotten a response from the email I sent him at the dealership.

Seals881

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Phillip Olson is no longer there?? Sad! Do you know where he ended up at? No wonder I haven't gotten a response from the email I sent him at the dealership.
Correct, he is no longer there. And no idea, dealer said he wanted focus on his house business. Explains why he went from talking a lot to silence for me too.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Correct, he is no longer there. And no idea, dealer said he wanted focus on his house business. Explains why he went from talking a lot to silence for me too.
Well that sucks. Not sure we have any good options left for getting a good deal on a Jeep in Washington anymore. I was going to cancel my present order and order from him but it looks like that's not an option anymore.

Seals881

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that sucks. Not sure we have any good options left for getting a good deal on a Jeep in Washington anymore. I was going to cancel my present order and order from him but it looks like that's not an option anymore.
Yeah, pretty much, and still was rough financing wise due to I had such a big discount from him. I don't know of any other dealer in the area that isn't pretty bad. Most likely will go back to ordering from other states, and transporting them in.

Sponsored

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Yeah, pretty much, and still was rough financing wise due to I had such a big discount from him. I don't know of any other dealer in the area that isn't pretty bad. Most likely will go back to ordering from other states, and transporting them in.
best bet is Dennis Dillon in Idaho it seems but I have no direct experience.

comagt

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Anyone got a recommendation around for a dealership around Texas?
Short answer: no
Long answer: Im in San antonio and after trying the ones on the list and six not on the list; I left the state. No one bothered replying or lost interest when I said I wanted to order. Florida, Colorado, Missouri and Idaho have better options on that list.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
if a dealership ever pull some stupid $h*t like that on me. i would of just walked out no matter how bad i wanted that jeep. i walked out of one dealership when they wouldnt budge on the price. they told me theres no dealers in a 100 mile will cut a deal. they also said we sell these well above msrp. i kept on walking as they said to me i'll be sorry and will come back to sing the paper work. i went to another dealership and a deal was made.

the funny part was the fiance guy was explaining the extended warranty while i was signing the decline form. he didnt say a word. i looked at him and said of all the vehicle that i had and family owned. we never got the extended warranty.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
what do you guys think?
See this building? It belongs to a government regulatory agency known as the CFPB.
Jeep Wrangler JL Odd requirements at a certain dealership. 1622522548722

Have you heard of them?

When individuals, groups, businesses and or organizations FUCK the American consumer in the matters of credit and lending, they investigate.

If the accused is found GUILTY of violating lending laws, they are hit with hefty monetary penalties, fines and or jail time. They’re also ordered to pay back restitution.

I strongly suggest getting them involved. By the way, the reason the building is so nice is because it was renovated for $145M, the money of which came from businesses that were found guilty and were fined for being in violation of lending laws.

File a complaint. The dealer needs to be held accountable. Hit them where it hurts:

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
Sponsored