Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Love my Tazer, but this and the rear camera popping on with the turn signals were both too wild for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Odd behavior while Tazer JL is hooked up C829F0F0-BB18-480C-B793-A7B425B61752
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
It's an awesome product that has saved me a ton of money not having to take it to the dealer and has some great features that I can no longer live without. Their documentation just sucks.
@Crinch

Personally, I think the Tazer JL instructions are aok....

A guy or gal that runs a Tazer JL should read the instructions but along with that, do plenty of forum research / reading... and ask lots of Tazer JL related questions here on the forum ....until they get lets say, somewhat Tazer JL savvy

By the way, some guys/gals don't know this ...... but ZAutomotive is located in Long Island, NY. It's a very small company... the owner Joe Z. and his handful of employee's (5 people) do the whole deal so to speak..

Anyway, I would rather have Joe, working on new firmware that adds more Tazer JL features and addresses hiccups, then having him spend to much time doing up instructions.. Sure, do aok instructions as he does but don't spend too much time doing that..

ZAutomotive .... First to Market with a JL programmer (Geeeez, we are very lucky he did this so early on...in 2018)

Zautomotive is also a Forum Sponsor. Thanks Joe!

Jeep Wrangler JL Odd behavior while Tazer JL is hooked up Mini

@joe@zauto

OP
OP
Crinch

Crinch

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
@Crinch

Personally, I think the Tazer JL instructions are aok....

A guy or gal that runs a Tazer JL should read the instructions but along with that, do plenty of forum research / reading... and ask lots of Tazer JL related questions here on the forum ....until they get lets say, somewhat Tazer JL savvy

By the way, some guys/gals don't know this ...... but ZAutomotive is located in Long Island, NY. It's a very small company... the owner Joe Z. and his handful of employee's (5 people) do the whole deal so to speak..

Anyway, I would rather have Joe, working on new firmware that adds more Tazer JL features and addresses hiccups, then having him spend to much time doing up instructions.. Sure, do aok instructions as he does but don't spend too much time doing that..

ZAutomotive .... First to Market with a JL programmer (Geeeez, we are very lucky he did this so early on...in 2018)

Zautomotive is also a Forum Sponsor. Thanks Joe!

@joe@zauto

Congratulations on your new job with the Z Automotive marketing department. I'm just kidding, but I think most people would agree that its not too much to ask for a warning in the manual that your ABS light, brake light, and service ABS warning are going to pop up if you use a feature that is on by default. it would take less than 5 minutes to add that to the manual while your updating it with the features that were added. Don't get me wrong it's an amazing product and they have done an awesome job with it. However it's not out of the realm of possibility that a 3rd party product that literally hacks into the operating system of your vehicle could cause an issue and break something. Warn a guy, that's all I'm saying.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Love my Tazer, but this and the rear camera popping on with the turn signals were both too wild for me.

You must not have an oversized spare blocking your rear view mirror, then. The rear camera coming on with the turn signals is one of my favorite features.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
You must not have an oversized spare blocking your rear view mirror, then. The rear camera coming on with the turn signals is one of my favorite features.
I’ve actually deleted my spare. Thought I’d love it, but it’s too much for me. However, I do like double tapping the mute button to engage the rear camera.

Sponsored

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette
OMG…glad I found this thread. This happened to me today when I finally got around to installing my Tazer.

ABS and brake lights going crazy at the first few stops after leaving my house. Pulled over into a Lowe’s parking lot and unmarried it!

If all else fails, read the directions…or check the JL Forums!

Time to fight with the plugs again. 😩

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OMG…glad I found this thread. This happened to me today when I finally got around to installing my Tazer.

ABS and brake lights going crazy at the first few stops after leaving my house. Pulled over into a Lowe’s parking lot and unmarried it!

@Gnomad

"Time to fight with the plugs again" ..... don't fight with it... buy a ZAutomotive, SGW Extension Cable. Makes Tazer JL life easy easy.. Buy it here.

ZAutomotive is a long time Forum Sponsor.

ZAutomotive was First to Market with a programmer for the JL.

Jeep Wrangler JL Odd behavior while Tazer JL is hooked up SGW-Extension-Cable

OP
OP
Crinch

Crinch

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi

It really freaked me out when it first happened to me, but once i figured out what it was actually doing (thanks to some help from this thread) i find it rather helpful and use it all the time.
Sponsored