Tazer JL Firmware Updates

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I see on the ZAutomotive website there is a new firmware update available 11.2.7

But my ZAutomotive desktop app on my laptop does not pick up the new 11.2.7 firmware, it shows 11.2.5 as the latest version?!?

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL Firmware Updates 32D6BA64-1BE8-4A85-BDED-46861C7BD5CC
Sponsored

Last edited:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

But my ZAutomotive desktop app on my laptop does not pick up the new 11.2.7 firmware, it shows 11.2.5 as the latest version?!?
You have to download the firmware and manually update. Sometimes the Z-Auto servers are behind.

Download the firmware from here.

OP
OP
SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not notice the manual firmware update option.

Firmware 11.2.7 successfully installed.

Emily_Ella

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas Honda CD 70
Go to the ZAutomotive's website and download the desire beta to a folder on your laptop
and update the new version you can easily update on your desktop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noted on the ZAutomotive website under the Support tab the latest JL Mini firmware is 11.3.4 but when I plugged my Tazer JL Mini into my laptop, it installed a newer version 11.3.5 or 11.3.6 if I remember correctly.

what changed from 11.3.4?

Sponsored

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
I'm having a minor problem with my new Tazer JL. I downloaded the ZPU firmware update software, the 2.2 which I believe to be latest version for windows. Anyway, when I use the Automatic Update, new firmware is listed, but any that I select do not install when I hit the install updates button. Downloading firmware to my PC and using the Manual update works fine. The only issue I have is that the most recent firmware download on the Z-automotive site is 11.3.4, but auto download shows 11.3.6 and 11.3.7. I was able to update my Tazer to 11.3.4 from 11.3.2, which was what my Tazer came with. So there is a way to update my Tazer when Zautomotive makes updates available to manually download. I am a bit disappointed that I can't get the auto updates to work. When I select an auto update to install with the check box, and then click install update, the green lite flashes once on the Tazer, and then nothing happens. When I do it with the manual update, a progress spinner shows up and lights flash on the Tazer. Has anyone seen this behavior or knows of a solution. I went through the recovery process twice, and reinstalled the zpu software three times.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I'm having a minor problem with my new Tazer JL. I downloaded the ZPU firmware update software, the 2.2 which I believe to be latest version for windows. Anyway, when I use the Automatic Update, new firmware is listed, but any that I select do not install when I hit the install updates button. Downloading firmware to my PC and using the Manual update works fine. The only issue I have is that the most recent firmware download on the Z-automotive site is 11.3.4, but auto download shows 11.3.6 and 11.3.7. I was able to update my Tazer to 11.3.4 from 11.3.2, which was what my Tazer came with. So there is a way to update my Tazer when Zautomotive makes updates available to manually download. I am a bit disappointed that I can't get the auto updates to work. When I select an auto update to install with the check box, and then click install update, the green lite flashes once on the Tazer, and then nothing happens. When I do it with the manual update, a progress spinner shows up and lights flash on the Tazer. Has anyone seen this behavior or knows of a solution. I went through the recovery process twice, and reinstalled the zpu software three times.
I’m an original two piece Tazer owner since 2018. My advice is to stick to manual update using the latest version posted for download. I have been burned by being on the bleeding edge.

Once you have thing setup and stable, don’t upgrade unless you really want/need a new feature or bug fix. In other words, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

jlrubeinswaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Here is the quote sent to me by Z-Automotive on the 31st of March.
"Yes, Windows, is fine. Actually, the site hasn't been updated yet, the latest firmware is 11.3.6. When you run the ZPU software, choose automatic update from the update screen, and it will update it to 11.3.6." I was trying to update from 11.3.4. Hope this helps.
Sponsored