Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
What??? How? Do I just move the 3rd light up? Mine didn’t fit
You can move the brake light up one or just enough to clear it. You can drill a new hole in the shaft for kind of a middle hole between the two.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase

Trailjeepin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport

Sponsored

Trailjeepin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Yup. Nicely made. No issues so far
Sweet I think I am going to give these a try! I think I am going to try and fit 35's with no lift but run these spacers. Then throw the 2" mopar lift on. My buddy has it on his JK and it has treated him well.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
So for peace of mind the wheel spacers are needed right? Also how does it drive with the 4.10s? This is the exact setup I’m planning on mine when I can, thanks!
All rubis are 4.10 stock bro where you been?

aerosynch

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
All rubis are 4.10 stock bro where you been?
I know that. I wasn’t planning on regearing, hence why I asked about how it drove with the 4.10s and 37s. :facepalm:

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Not really. Not anything that I’d be worried about. It runs great! I’d even go 40s and not worry about it. Might be a little sluggish on 40s but it’ll still run 80 no prob
A guy in my local club tried rolling 40’s on his stock Rubicon D44’s and it didn’t work out so well for him. The first time his wife was rolling down the road when the rear axle shaft sheared off leaving her skidding to a stop on three wheels. The second time he had an issue he was rolling down the road and hit a bad pot hole and broke the front axle housing which was trussed no less. The crazy thing was when he was stock and mildly modded, he wheeled the snot of his Rubi. The moment he went to 40’s, it became a pavement pounder.

I wouldn’t trust stock axle with 40’s nor would I think it’s a good idea to run 4.10’s. Running 35’s might be pushing it while still keeping it with in the power band. I’ve got a JK Rubi on 37’s with a 6spd manual and it’s just okay. I had been planning on regearing this year, but then plans changed and I’ve got a JL Rubi on order.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
A guy in my local club tried rolling 40’s on his stock Rubicon D44’s and it didn’t work out so well for him. The first time his wife was rolling down the road when the rear axle shaft sheared off leaving her skidding to a stop on three wheels. The second time he had an issue he was rolling down the road and hit a bad pot hole and broke the front axle housing which was trussed no less. The crazy thing was when he was stock and mildly modded, he wheeled the snot of his Rubi. The moment he went to 40’s, it became a pavement pounder.

I wouldn’t trust stock axle with 40’s nor would I think it’s a good idea to run 4.10’s. Running 35’s might be pushing it while still keeping it with in the power band. I’ve got a JK Rubi on 37’s with a 6spd manual and it’s just okay. I had been planning on regearing this year, but then plans changed and I’ve got a JL Rubi on order.
JK or JL?

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The guy in my club? It was a JK.
The JL is in a completely different league than the JK. I’m on 37s and can do 90mph no problem at over 6,000’ elevation. Up and down mountain passes. The JL has no idea 37s are on it. No need to gear or worry. The JL is a decade newer technology and refinement.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

The new axles aren’t the D44 of the past. They are all new, all beefy and all badass
Sponsored