First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
That's pretty darn cool!! I like how you can store it and take it with you.

I think I'll just work on getting my overhead press strength up. Yep, in about 4 years, I should finally be able to take the 3rd top off. Looking forward to it.
There's this guy on tt that does it right over his head! It is a 2 door tho.
Sponsored

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
There's this guy on tt that does it right over his head! It is a 2 door tho.
Sometime in the near future, I'm going to attempt this technique. I'll know pretty quick if I can hold it in the partial overhead press position to get it off and to the ground.

(skip to 1:30 in the video)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Only if you don't know how to drive or ride. Every single vehicle from motorcycles to 18 wheeler highboy loaded with smoothbore tanks half full handle the twisty black ice and snow no issue . It's all in the throttle, braking, and steering.
Motorcycles "handle the twisty black ice and snow no issue", you say?

Mm. Perhaps you'd share a bump of the blow that was laid out in the limos you were building back in the day.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Motorcycles "handle the twisty black ice and snow no issue", you say?

Mm. Perhaps you'd share a bump of the blow that was laid out in the limos you were building back in the day.
No issue if you are easy on the throttle, lean angles and brakes.
Jeep Wrangler JL (non) off-road shaming - why? 8D8CCF04-2B28-4E0A-8291-8F87D8027CFA
Jeep Wrangler JL (non) off-road shaming - why? 82CEFFC7-09FB-4B91-87F6-BDC6CFB4B934

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
No issue if you are easy on the throttle, lean angles and brakes.
8D8CCF04-2B28-4E0A-8291-8F87D8027CFA.jpeg
82CEFFC7-09FB-4B91-87F6-BDC6CFB4B934.jpeg
I'm not unfamiliar with riding in snow that's actually on the road and not the shoulder. ;) Thus my interest in your claim.

Call me back when you've earned that stripe, and we'll chat. :beer:

Jeep Wrangler JL (non) off-road shaming - why? Suzuki snow

Sponsored

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I bought the Jeep with 2 main purposes. 1 was my hurricane kit. After Irma, I was unable to get to my mothers house to check on her dur to flooding and down trees. Ended up calling a buddy with a lifted truck.
One of my reasons also. Houston flooding is becoming more and more common. I've had a number of days in the past few years when I left the house and didn't know if I'd have to drive on flooded streets to get to work or get back home.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
You might surprise yourself. I usually find myself reaching for Wrangler keys over my sports cars.

I love fun sporty cars and track time. Most of the cars in my life have been sports cars. All kinds. I have also owned Wranglers. I owned a TJ, JK, JL and will be ordering another JL soon. A Wrangler might not be as fast, agile, sharp, definitely worse road feel. 🤣 But it is sporty in a different way. Being able to go almost anywhere and driving with roof and doors off is a really fun experience. Another benefit is the lack of anxiety driving a Wrangler. No worries about mall parking spots, speed bumps, pot holes, road rash, door dings, bad weather.
fully agree with this. I have sitting in my garage an BMW X5M w/stage 2 Dinan and it rarely get's any attention. I take my Jeep everywhere and it's so much fun to drive and i'm constantly doing mods. I actually get way more complements on my Jeep than ever on my BMW.. go figure.

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From my profiling experience and Humans being what they are, I am certain that a good percentage of the ''shamers'' don't even take their Jeep off-road themselves, they just hide in that crowd to hide that fact and make people believe that they do.
Interesting...

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fully agree with this. I have sitting in my garage an BMW X5M w/stage 2 Dinan and it rarely get's any attention. I take my Jeep everywhere and it's so much fun to drive and i'm constantly doing mods. I actually get way more complements on my Jeep than ever on my BMW.. go figure.
I have to admit....our BMWs got way way more compliments. Haven't gotten but 2 on the Jeep, and one was from my 73 year old Dad who surprisingly likes it a lot! My mom didn't even have much to say about it.

The reason is because people love status. Or they hate yellow cars! But seriously, they do love status, and foreign cars convey status. A boring black BMW sedan is a status symbol. A bright yellow Jeep is just a jeep.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
That’s why I went with 37s instead of remaining stock… had to represent that Asian heritage :rock::CWL:
Bruh... I just want to go on record here that when I made that comment I, in no way, was thinking of you or the Asian community. I always keep my jokes about you above the waist to your facial features only. I would never hit that low.
Love,
Mike

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Here in southern California, "waxers" as we used to call them in the 70s or mall crawlers are very popular. They are everywhere. Some of them are near show-car quality. I enjoy seeing them.

I recently saw a really pristine, lifted, big tired, Toyota FJ, with lots of lights and accessories. It was really well done and it didn't look like it had been in a dirt parking spot, let alone off-road. Really nice

1st gen Broncos are popular here too. With their values going thru the stratosphere, many are high end resto-mods that will never see dirt.

Berating someone for not off-roading their Jeep is like saying Harley owners should only go to old decrepit bars, known for their bar fights, warm beer, and ptomaine poisoning, unshaven and unbathed for a month, and dressed in the uniforms specified in Easyrider and Iron Horse magazines.

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bruh... I just want to go on record here that when I made that comment I, in no way, was thinking of you or the Asian community. I always keep my jokes about you above the waist to your facial features only. I would never hit that low.
Love,
Mike
I ain't here to argue 'bout his facial features
Just here to convert atheists into believers

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Now that i agree with. Like if you have a soft top and never take it off. That i dont get! Hardtops can be tricky, so I understand if someone doesnt ever fully remove it...but soft tops???
Wait, what? The soft tops come off too?

Rats...I wish I had known. Oh well, it looked pretty good with the top up!

*and the soft top was much more tricky than a hard top. 😜

I don't pay attention to "shamers", because frankly their opinions really only matter to themselves. They have no idea why you choose to drive a Jeep even though you may have other cars in your "garages"...

I own Jeeps because I love everything about them from wrenching on them to their extreme offroad capabilities. But mostly I just like the feeling I get when I'm behind the wheel, (on or off road).
Jeep Wrangler JL (non) off-road shaming - why? Ferrari
Sponsored