Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Passed a pickup on the freeway here in Minnesota this week that was squatting, big time, in the middle.

Had to be a busted and/or rusted frame. I was actually waiting for the thing to break in half.

As I went by I looked to see who was inside. I noticed two HUGE (and not in a good way) individuals inside. Probably heading to Walmart.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I have lived in Los Angeles for 20 years and I had no idea this was even a thing because I have never seen a vehicle like that before.
they basically took the pre-runner look and sprinkled a bunch of crack and fentanyl on it. i first heard about it about 17 years ago when i sold my Z71 to a guy who said he and his buddies like them "honked up in the front". i was like wtf? then someone told me lol. usually they have wide front fenders for the offset wheels/tires. the stance isnt that noticeable. nothing crazy like these Carolina trucks. ive never seen anything stupid like that here; and ive seen plenty of stupid lol

and people do use these. you see them all over the place in the desert.

Jeep Wrangler JL No Squatting JL's in NC pre runner

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

check out this gem that Texas hath produced.

may i present "Swangers". even da popo done got dem.

i want to see a squatted truck with these things. or maybe a rock crawler lol. it would help with keep your jeep from rolling over. like those rollover test arms.
Jeep Wrangler JL No Squatting JL's in NC swangers
Jeep Wrangler JL No Squatting JL's in NC cop swanger
Jeep Wrangler JL No Squatting JL's in NC slab-5

Sponsored

ScenicRoute

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Beer Finisher
This is the equivalent of a vehicle mullet. I expect they will someday be ashamed of this shit.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
I live in a country town in North Alabama and when you pass by the Walmart parking lot or high school parking lot, half the trucks are OBS Chevys or cat eye Chevys with huge squats. It looks stupid, but I'm OK with them not banning them because how else will I know the intelligence level of the guy in the lane next to me? My stepson is a squatter and after meeting many of his friends, there is a direction correlation between intelligence level & squat level.

Last edited:

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
Dangers of a squat
-Headlights incorrectly aimed. ( I doubt there is enough adjustment in the headlight to account for the rake)
-removing negative caster from the front suspension. (steering instability and inadequate steering wheel return to center) (difficult to keep straight under hard braking)
-dangerous height of the front bumper
-reduced forward visibility

Bloody Marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 2 DR WILLYS 21, CHEVY TRAIL BOSS 19
Yes it has...It's like watching a Sci-Fi movie happening in real time. I'm expecting soylant green to come out any day now...
Yep, I'm that old. I remember Soylent Green :)
But, it has, in the form of the fake meat BS instead of REAL meat.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Dangers of a squat
-Headlights incorrectly aimed. ( I doubt there is enough adjustment in the headlight to account for the rake)
-removing negative caster from the front suspension. (steering instability and inadequate steering wheel return to center) (difficult to keep straight under hard braking)
-dangerous height of the front bumper
-reduced forward visibility
Well said. There will absolutely not be enough room for adjustment to bring the beam down so much.

And more importantly, how tf do these people see in front of them when they drive? I see nothing but sky every time I drive my jeep up a slight hill in the dirt.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I ran across a kid washing his truck here in myrtle with a huge squat. 6 inch lift in the front and stuffed in the back. The rims were so big his 35s looked like a roll of used electrical tape. While talking to him, I found him knowledgeable about his lift (a cheap brand that put leverage in all the wrong places), excited to share info on his trucks mods, and I enjoyed hearing about his squat truck experience. He was as proud of his truck as I am my jeep. We had a lot in common, just different tastes. Now when I see a squatted truck, I see someone with different tastes than me but a fellow enthusiast who can talk knowledgeably about suspensions and what it's like to twist a wrench on them. 😄
I didn't even know this shit was a thing. Fucking idiots.
I cannot stop laughing at these two comments being together

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If there is ever any accounting for taste in this country, a lot of people are going to find themselves in court, or incarcerated.

A lot of people.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
I soo don't get it. Ive not really seen them here in south florida. Im sure they are here tho.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I first saw this at Myrtle Beach South Carolina about 10 years ago. My first impression, I thought the truck had a broken air ride suspension. But soon after I saw a couple more trucks sitting the same way. My wife was with me and she had the same reaction.

Well folks just wait and see and someone will exceed this to another level never seen before. It's because of the new attitude in some people that refuse to be told not to do something.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
check out this gem that Texas hath produced.

may i present "Swangers". even da popo done got dem.

i want to see a squatted truck with these things. or maybe a rock crawler lol. it would help with keep your jeep from rolling over. like those rollover test arms.

C'mon now, how you gonna bring up swangers in the same conversation as this squatter trash? Texas and the whole dirty south been swangin and bangin for decades.
Sponsored