No more red rubi dash?

Sierra Fan

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon (on order). 1978 VW Convertible, Porsche Panamera, Honda Pilot
I wish it was an option, I like the red dash but on Gecko its not great to me, It's grown on me but I think If I had the oppurtunity I'd swap it out. I wonder if my dealership would have those parts? I'll have to research some more into it.
My friend's red rubicon dash got scratched and we bought the replacement panel from the dealer. We replaced the passenger side in about 45 minutes. There's an airbag behind it so you need to disconnect power. It is mostly panel clips that need removal so use a panel tool and tape. I'm sure you could purchase the grey panels as a replacement, if desired.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The red dash is the first thing most people comment on when they climb in my JLR. The usual comment is "Cool dash- is that aftermarket?"

I didn't buy the Rubicon just for the red dash (oddly enough, it was mostly for the 4.10 gears, which I've since replaced for 4.88s anyway), but matching the dash was the motivation behind going with KMC XD wheels (the red trim ring in the wheels pretty much matches the dash spot on).

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I disliked the red dash when I first saw it on the Internet. But then I saw it in person and, wow, I disliked it even more.

I'm glad there are different colors.

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
I like my red dash.
I like my red dash. It looks good with sting gray and other red highlighting on the Rubicon, and adds a little jazz. Not sure it would look good with gecko green or some other colors, especially with the paint very visible on interior pieces next to the dash.
I don’t know but would guess that the grey dash is still what you get with the tan seats. I know there is a dark, leather dash with the Sahara that can probably be ordered.

lott

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Eco Diesel
I didn't like the red dash until I got my jeep. Very quickly I didn't even notice and now I think it looks good. If I had a red jeep it might not look good. Its a good sheen so it isn't as bad as it seems in the pics.

If you want a gray dash, prior you would get the tan interior seats. I do not know if there is a change to this for 2022.
I have a Firecraker red and I love the red dash and red sticking in the seats and steering wheel.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Probably nitpicking, but the red dash, red stitching and red accent on the exterior decal are about the only things I really dislike aesthetically about the Rubicon trim. Think it looks great with red paint, but rather gaudy on everything else.

Personally think that type of highlight should be color-matched to the paint job, but jmo.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I didn’t choose the Jeep solely on the red dash. However, the red dash was an aspect that I liked.
I didn't choose the Jeep solely on the red dash. However, the red dash was an aspect that kept me away from a Rubicon.

It would have cost ~$4K to get the gray interior trim with black leather interior, which is just absurd. I could turn my Sahara Altitude [almost] into a Rubicon for that.

It's not just the red dash panels. There's red stitching *everywhere*. The steering wheel is what would have been the biggest pain. The $4K is basically paying $2K for the tan leather (to get the grey stitching) and then another $2K for Katskinz to go back to black leather seats.

To each their own, though. I freakin love my Sahara.

Reactions: AFD

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I mean, Anybody can just buy a different colored OEM dash and install it themselves. They run around $300. Never understood why some people (not talking about the OP here) actually choose their Jeep based on dash color.

I'm this close to talking my wife into a 22 Tuscadero JL Rubi. Her biggest objection is the red dash color and height to get in. Hopefully the dash becomes a non-issue and the rock rail with step assist works. Getting on the creeper is easy getting up is hard. Not LOL
Sponsored