Sponsored

No more affiliate pricing?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
So if everything is ending...I ordered a JL a few weeks ago, but it hasn't been 30 days. They say wait 30d before requesting your control #. Wondering if I should try to do it early in hopes of still having it whenever my jeep is built... Thoughts/ comments? I've read of some people getting their # right away & not waiting like TL says to.
You don't have to wait 30 days after you order the vehicle to generate a valid code.

You have to wait 30 days after you have become a member, or worked for a company, that offers the Affiliate Pricing to generate a valid code.

The online system will generate a code for you at any time, however once provided to the dealership, FCA will verify the code after the vehicle is sold. If you generated the code too early, the dealership will send you a bill. You will owe them the difference between MSRP and 1% below invoice as well as any additional taxes. I've seen it happen so I wouldn't recommend trying it.

Lastly, it doesn't matter if the code was generated prior to 10/1. If, in fact, Stellantis ends Affiliate Pricing 10/1 all codes will be invalid thereafter.
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
You are lucky. For what it is worth, I was told that in order to qualify for the affiliate/TL discount you have to take delivery of the vehicle before 10/1. I obviously don't have any independent knowledge other than what was conveyed to me by the dealer.
More than 1 dealer has said this over the past year. I would have to see anotherdealer confirm to believe it. AR is invoice minus 1% and the dealer gets 1%. Even if it’s discontinued nothing stops a dealer from selling it for that price.

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe ordered 9/17, awaiting delivery
The website will actually spit out a control number right away, its just you are supposed to wait 30 days for whatever reason. Did you factor in the affiliate pricing when you ordered? If so I would print it now just incase the website goes dark and at least you have it to give to the dealer.
I did factor it in at time of order. My dealer wouldn't do off invoice pricing, they would only do off MSRP pricing. I negotiated deal before TL with 8% off MSRP. Then when I bought up TL, they agreed to 9.5% off MSRP. calculated comes out to a little more than 5% off invoice. I could have gone through Gupton for slightly better deal, but the $800-900 saved would get washed up in shipping costs. So I decided to choose to closer dealer for less hassle!

Good idea, I'll request & print out now just in case

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe ordered 9/17, awaiting delivery
You don't have to wait 30 days after you order the vehicle to generate a valid code.

You have to wait 30 days after you have become a member, or worked for a company, that offers the Affiliate Pricing to generate a valid code.

The online system will generate a code for you at any time, however once provided to the dealership, FCA will verify the code after the vehicle is sold. If you generated the code too early, the dealership will send you a bill. You will owe them the difference between MSRP and 1% below invoice as well as any additional taxes. I've seen it happen so I wouldn't recommend trying it.

Lastly, it doesn't matter if the code was generated prior to 10/1. If, in fact, Stellantis ends Affiliate Pricing 10/1 all codes will be invalid thereafter.

Well whoops, I generated it out of fear I won't be and to after 10/1. If I can't use it, I have another code to request if able at that time.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

While there may be some smaller dealers that will fold, the vast majority will remain open because it’s the service/parts departments that keeps dealerships open. Very little money is made in variable ops - fixed ops is what keeps the lights on. And with an inventory shortage, more people will be holding on to their current vehicles, which means more repairs, busier service departments and more parts being sold.
This is very true, I have owned a few similar businesses. When the inventory goes down, unfortunately, you have to let the sales people go. Most are on some sort of commission to reduce fixed costs and are the first to go. Then you par down the managers and support staff and run bare bones until inventory comes back in. The service department makes enough money to pay the rent and keep the lights on. Heck, the three dealerships closest to me here in Denver don't have an opening for 22 days!

Sponsored

JGlanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLURXR, Outback
Occupation
Dog trainer
My order went in on Sept 21 with affiliate pricing. Have a VIN, no build sheet yet.

Moose568

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
So if everything is ending...I ordered a JL a few weeks ago, but it hasn't been 30 days. They say wait 30d before requesting your control #. Wondering if I should try to do it early in hopes of still having it whenever my jeep is built... Thoughts/ comments? I've read of some people getting their # right away & not waiting like TL says to.
I talked to Daniel today as I’m in the same boat as you. He said it doesn’t matter when you print the control # as the 30 days is when you buy it(Delivery). That being said... if it ends October 1’st, it could go south for a lot of us. I just read the cutoff date and never asked him about it.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I talked to Daniel today as I’m in the same boat as you. He said it doesn’t matter when you print the control # as the 30 days is when you buy it(Delivery). That being said... if it ends October 1’st, it could go south for a lot of us. I just read the cutoff date and never asked him about it.
Correct. Maybe I could have been clearer. You have to wait 30 days after you have worked for a company, or been a member, to use the code, not to generate it.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
They asked you for your control # when you ordered? I ordered with Affiliate Pricing but they havent asked for the control #
When you order, the dealership doesn’t care if you have affiliate program or not. For me I had to put a deposit to place order and they made it clear if at the time of closing on sale I had the affiliate control # and welcome letter to prove it has been at least a month then you get the extra 1% discount. Otherwise Just the Rest of the discount they promised.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I called the Affiliates Reward line today to confirm that the program is ending. They were closed so I will call Monday morning. Maybe they have definitive info.

My Jeep deal is already complete but I planned on ordering a RAM as well. If the program ends this Friday, I will probably just take something off the lot this week.

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
When you order, the dealership doesn’t care if you have affiliate program or not. For me I had to put a deposit to place order and they made it clear if at the time of closing on sale I had the affiliate control # and welcome letter to prove it has been at least a month then you get the extra 1% discount. Otherwise Just the Rest of the discount they promised.
I put down a deposit too. I emailed my dealer today. They told me they need the control# by Oct. 1.
So they got it today.

4XEJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I'm concerned about my dealers response regarding using AR on my order. My 4XE has been sitting in storage in Toledo awaiting transport (via truck carrier) for over a month. I asked them today about the affiliate program ending 10/1 and locking in my affiliate pricing in case it arrives after 10/1. Here's what they said

"It would have to be reported and delivered by 10/1, we wouldn't be able to take it now without the vehicle being here."

Seems like I may be SOL here if I can't sign prior to 10/1.

I feel like we all need a definitive answer here and some guidance to educate the dealers if necessary.

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m not sure how the AR pricing works exactly… is it the prerequisite to get 1% below invoice and then stack other incentives on top? Or does it just give you 1% discount on invoice? Because if it is the latter, not that big to lose out on say $600 on a $60k purchase.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I’m not sure how the AR pricing works exactly… is it the prerequisite to get 1% below invoice and then stack other incentives on top? Or does it just give you 1% discount on invoice? Because if it is the latter, not that big to lose out on say $600 on a $60k purchase.
There are about three dealerships in the country that offer (offered?) via this forum X% off invoice and if you have the affiliate reward an additional 1% off invoice. Some give another 1% below invoice if you finance through them (not through Jeep).

Many dealerships, but not all, accept the affiliate reward to offer you 1% below invoice, period. If there are any manufacturer incentives you can apply them on top but from what I’ve seen they are rare.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
My buddy told me a few days ago that Affiliate pricing was ending effective 10/1 and they have no idea for how long, I'm fortunate I was able to take delivery the end of August. I work for one of the big 3 and most dealerships won't give us our employee discount for what thats worth, some will for certain vehicles but trucks and suvs is a no go, if you order something they might honor it but I think you have to be an established customer.
Sponsored