Sponsored

No more affiliate pricing?

West1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Was going to place an order this week and was told by my dealer that FCA/Jeep is no longer honoring affiliate pricing (.ie. Tread Lightly). Has anyone else received similar information? I am probably going to wait for 2022 order banks to open and see how everything shakes out before I order.
Sponsored

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
I used the Chrysler Affiliate control number on September 13th to order my Wrangler and it worked then. Or at least they said it worked. I haven't signed anything but they gave me an out the door price using the affiliate discount.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Jeep does restrict certain vehicles. I've seen them take it away from vehicles that typically receive it for periods of time. Not certain if this is the case now as dealerships lie.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I'd check another dealership. With all the extra donations this drums up for TreadLightly I suspect they're just trying to take advantage of the market right now and use the demand to make as much money as possible. Although I guess not out of the realm of possibility either. You'd be the first I heard of to learn that affiliate pricing on JL's is gone.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I believe you can still use it this month or order with price protection. But starting next month AR is gone per Stellantis.

Sponsored

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
My local dealer wouldn’t accept affiliate pricing, as they wouldn’t sell anything under invoice due to low inventory.
Check with another dealer.

I hadn’t heard they were pulling affiliate pricing program next month though, that sounds crazy to cut off all those relationships built to funnel customers toward Jeep. There’s a LOT of work that’s gone into that. Where did you hear that announcement?

Last edited:

blue89bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I was told yesterday that Jeep/Chrysler/FCA/Stelantis or whatever the hell they're calling themselves this week have stopped accepting discounts at the corporate level until things normalize.

This was directly from the sales manager/gm of the dealership.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I used the Chrysler Affiliate control number on September 13th to order my Wrangler and it worked then. Or at least they said it worked. I haven't signed anything but they gave me an out the door price using the affiliate discount.
They asked you for your control # when you ordered? I ordered with Affiliate Pricing but they havent asked for the control #

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
We live in an msrp world right now....if u want something u have to pay no more discounts watch n see.....I also don't see the world.ever going back to normal. This is the new normal... Sadly

hpwong

First Name
Hanson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi - Check with other dealers in your area; I was told by a few they wouldn’t honor it and others were willing to accept it. I’m in California. Good luck!

While I’m here, any one hear of other rebates or discounts available? Assume none given the chip shortage?

Reactions: JLo

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Discounts, rebates, special financing etc, were all used to move inventory that was stacking up at dealers. That allowed for the plant to produce more vehicles. They worked in the days when supply was greater than demand. Currently, the opposite is true. Demand is greater than supply, so factory incentives go away.

It’s now up to individual dealers to decide how much profit they are willing to give up on a sale. With no volume, the dealer has to stick with a higher selling price as they have expenses to pay, just like all of us.

If this goes on for much longer, there will be many dealers going out of business. You can’t keep doors open and staff paid with no money coming in. Less dealers reduces demand, as those who need a vehicle will shop elsewhere. These are bad times. Most haven’t become fully aware yet as the economy somehow has managed to not crash yet. But we are on the razor’s edge right now. Not just for the automotive industry but for many sectors of the economy.

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Emailed Daniel at Gupton to make sure I still get TL pricing on my 7/27 JT order in case the rumours of Jeep canning affiliate pricing are true.

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Emailed Daniel at Gupton to make sure I still get TL pricing on my 7/27 JT order in case the rumours of Jeep canning affiliate pricing are true.
Dan confirmed that I will still get TL discount applied even if Jeep cancels it!

Good thing I ordered when I did.

OP
OP

West1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Dan confirmed that I will still get TL discount applied even if Jeep cancels it!

Good thing I ordered when I did.
You are lucky. For what it is worth, I was told that in order to qualify for the affiliate/TL discount you have to take delivery of the vehicle before 10/1. I obviously don't have any independent knowledge other than what was conveyed to me by the dealer.
Sponsored