Sponsored

No Jeep waves here :(

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
Hillibillies are in West Virginia. We’re just rednecks.
Hey! Hillbillies are Tennessee and Kentucky not West Virginia !!
Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
I'm gonna be a stick in the mud I'm afraid.
When I ordered my Wrangler I made a "Thou shalt not" list of things Wranglers drivers do around here that alienates others and brands them as Douchebags/Douchebagetts.

I've offered a $100 reward to my friends if they ever see me doing any of the things listed. Ha!

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
When driving my fathers CJ3A that I passed down to the next generation l always got waves. A lot of good waves plus quite a few one finger waves for going 45 in a 65.Some people have no appreciation!

fooldawg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I own a boat, two motorcycles and now a JLU...I'm constantly waving or should I say I'm tired of constantly waving. ;-)

Sponsored

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
It's funny. As a now former WK2 Trailhawk owner, I literally never got a wave (even from other modified WK and WK2 owners). Since picking up my Gecko 4xe, you would swear I became some kind of overnight celebrity and no one told me. After thinking about it, I'm gonna pin this 'great notoriety' on my obnoxious color choice (which I love dearly and wouldn't give up for anything).

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
This is roughly the 30th thread on Jeep Waving. Is that really what floats your boat? Ford owners don't wave at Ford owners, Chevy owners don't wave a Chevy owners and yet they somehow don't have mental breakdowns but Wrangler owners do!

Here you go: Don't wave anymore and when someone actually waves at you it will exceed your expectation and make you feel wonderful.

jshmata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 2 door V6 6 spd MT, Hard top, soft top,
Yonkers, Queens, and the Bronx. My '22 JL SPORT S, in Hydro Blue gets lots of waves. Maybe a two door thing? New to Jeeps, loving my soft top summer time City to the Catskills; lots of waves; I always wave. I Get lots back. Driving in and around NYC since 1985. Love my Jeep. Waving to people makes me smile. LEO, and see Iots of very bad people daily. Waving makes the commute fun.

JeepChicNJ

First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4xe
Yonkers, Queens, and the Bronx. My '22 JL SPORT S, in Hydro Blue gets lots of waves. Maybe a two door thing? New to Jeeps, loving my soft top summer time City to the Catskills; lots of waves; I always wave. I Get lots back. Driving in and around NYC since 1985. Love my Jeep. Waving to people makes me smile. LEO, and see Iots of very bad people daily. Waving makes the commute fun.
🖐From the Jersey Shore!
(Bronx born, grew up in Hartsdale 😎)

Sponsored

John Benoit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
You’ll find people in the central US tend to wave but not in the west or east. I have found that people driving black Jeeps 9 out 10 times they won’t wave and 7 out of the 9 are women driving.

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
This is so wrong. The Jeep wave is the Jeep wave. They all should do the Jeep Wave!

👋👋

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I think with the increase of NEW to JEEP ownership, people are just not aware of things. Hopefully they will learn, join a Local Club or learn from a Forum like this. Around my part of NY State it’s about at a 95% return wave on most days. Some days it seems like I get all the clueless wonders though.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Yep, I think with the increase of NEW to JEEP ownership, people are just not aware of things.
With respect, this is frequently mentioned on the forum as a recent development, and it simply isn't true.

The YJ, TJ and particularly the JK/JKU generations individually served to bring additional first-time owners into the Jeep tent. From personal experience, dating back to the CJ/YJ transition (and my own purchase of a new YJ), the issue of new owners and the Jeep Wave has been an enduring topic of discussion for decades now. It has just shifted from in-person to online.

:beer:
Sponsored