New Wheel and Tire TPMS Reprogramming??

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I have new Mopar ones in. Ew wheels and have been driving for 3 days and it says they are unavailable. Brought to dealer and they could t find them with their programmer. I’m stumped
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I have new Mopar ones in. Ew wheels and have been driving for 3 days and it says they are unavailable. Brought to dealer and they could t find them with their programmer. I’m stumped
Lower pressure by 12 psi and then drive a mile or so and then fill them back up to door placard pressure and go drive. You need to wake them up.

Reactions: Laz

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Lower pressure by 12 psi and then drive a mile or so and then fill them back up to door placard pressure and go drive. You need to wake them up.
lowered pressure, drove, inflated to 36. Still nothing.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting I just did a swap to some rubicon take off on my 2019 sport and I have been driving around for two days now with the warning light on and no readings at all. I assume they don’t have sensors or it would have picked them up by now. Odd that it isn’t reprogramming itself to disable the TPMS.
It will not disable itself. The computer is always looking for the sensors, if it can't find them it will display -- and throw the error on the screen. If you don't have them you need to get something like a Tazer and turn teh TPMS system off.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
If the dealer couldn't find them with their programmer and your computer is not finding them I think you may have just been taken for a ride. I'd bet they were never installed on your new wheels.
Sponsored