First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
New trails have been added to the Jeep Badge of Honor! I don’t know exactly when, but apparently very, very recently as there’s been no announcement or press release that I could find and some don’t even have any check-ins or ratings yet. The ones I found are:
  • Hidden Falls ORV park in Marble Falls, TX
  • Rocky Gap Road in Clark County, NV
  • Backway to Crown King in Mountain Springs, AZ
  • Gulches ORV Park in Waterloo, SC
  • Turkey Bay OHV Area in Murray, KY
Post up if I missed any new ones.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Hidden falls? thats a good place. I did some trails there just over a year ago when I was still a Texas resident. I wonder if I can ‘check in” 13 months later? LOL

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Awesome! I'll see what the family scheduled looks like. I've only been to HFs on Fridays and Sundays. Are they crazy-busy on Saturdays?

I'm also doing the Jeep Adventure Academy at Inks Ranch in Llano on 4/08. I figured I'm a newbie and it'll get me a BoH, so why not!
Spring time on a Saturday with good weather forecast, it’ll probably be busy. I’ve only ever been there on Saturdays. I haven’t dealt with a lot of crowding issues much. Just a few idiot dirt bike and SxS folks. Normal stuff.

Last edited:

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Golden Spike?

Glad to see Rock Gap get added. Guess I'll do it again in a couple weeks.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I kind of wish they would stop adding trails. I am at 36 badges and planned to do them all. I hate that they add them to ORV parks that have limited hours or trails that have limited access. It make it more difficult to plan getting more than one badge on a trip. Also when they keep adding trails, it makes it seam like there is no way to accomplish the goal of getting them all.

Recently I drove from Michigan to Alabama to Florida chasing badges. Love Stoney Lonesome ORV park, had to burn three days waiting for them to open so we could wheel. The trail we planned to wheel in Georgia was closed due to winter...... Winter in Georgia, what is that? Then the web site said that the trail would open in Mid March. Two hours on the phone calling and searching trying to learn what Mid March meant? Luckily I got a call back from a Forest Ranger that told me the trail would open on or about March 19th. Well, I was passing back by the trail on March 17th. Literally 4 miles out of my way to run the trail. Didn't matter as an hour later a different Forest Ranger called and said it would be at least the 24th of March before it opened. So much for Mid March. No big deal, it is not like it is a 20 hour drive to go back to Georgia to pick the trail up. Ooo wait a minute, it is. Fuck. sorry about venting. I was down to having to get two badges in eastern states, now I am back up to four and it will require another 3,000+ mile trip to get them.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
So this is going to sound like a stupid question but here it goes. I have the badge of honor app. How do you get the badges? I know you have to run the trail. What does it cost to get the badge and how do I get it once I do the trail that is listed?

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
So this is going to sound like a stupid question but here it goes. I have the badge of honor app. How do you get the badges? I know you have to run the trail. What does it cost to get the badge and how do I get it once I do the trail that is listed?
The app is super easy to use. When you get to the trail, pull up the app, select the trail you plan to drive. Then click on "Check In" The app will check you in. Then it will give you an opportunity to submit for the badge. You will have to put your address in for shipping and put in the Vin number of your Jeep. The vin number is on a tag on the C Pillar of the Drivers door area and on your registration and proof of insurance.

Then is a couple of weeks your badge will show up.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I kind of wish they would stop adding trails. I am at 36 badges and planned to do them all. I hate that they add them to ORV parks that have limited hours or trails that have limited access. It make it more difficult to plan getting more than one badge on a trip. Also when they keep adding trails, it makes it seam like there is no way to accomplish the goal of getting them all.

Recently I drove from Michigan to Alabama to Florida chasing badges. Love Stoney Lonesome ORV park, had to burn three days waiting for them to open so we could wheel. The trail we planned to wheel in Georgia was closed due to winter...... Winter in Georgia, what is that? Then the web site said that the trail would open in Mid March. Two hours on the phone calling and searching trying to learn what Mid March meant? Luckily I got a call back from a Forest Ranger that told me the trail would open on or about March 19th. Well, I was passing back by the trail on March 17th. Literally 4 miles out of my way to run the trail. Didn't matter as an hour later a different Forest Ranger called and said it would be at least the 24th of March before it opened. So much for Mid March. No big deal, it is not like it is a 20 hour drive to go back to Georgia to pick the trail up. Ooo wait a minute, it is. Fuck. sorry about venting. I was down to having to get two badges in eastern states, now I am back up to four and it will require another 3,000+ mile trip to get them.
Ted -

Let us know when you come back through to do Beasley Knob and Gulches. Gulches is a cool little park our group has done dozens of times. Would be fun to meet up.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
They really need to add trails in Canada.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Ted -

Let us know when you come back through to do Beasley Knob and Gulches. Gulches is a cool little park our group has done dozens of times. Would be fun to meet up.

It maybe just after or before Memorial Day weekend. We will be camping and wheeling on the Outer Banks of North Carolina at Cape Lookout over the long weekend.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
The app is super easy to use. When you get to the trail, pull up the app, select the trail you plan to drive. Then click on "Check In" The app will check you in. Then it will give you an opportunity to submit for the badge. You will have to put your address in for shipping and put in the Vin number of your Jeep. The vin number is on a tag on the C Pillar of the Drivers door area and on your registration and proof of insurance.

Then is a couple of weeks your badge will show up.
Thank you for that. I knew if anyone would know it would be you lol. Does it cost anything? Don't mind paying, just curious.

Do you leave the app up while running the trail. just check-in at the end, or just check-in at the trail entrance?
Sponsored