Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.sema.org/sema-news/2020/02/the-newest-tires-for-2020

i did find this... However, I doubt that there is any new tire design that is going to be revolutionary. But, I am willing to eat crow. upon release of said tire. who knows maybe I'll upgrade my new(ish) 35's to 37's... then shortly after you'll read about a missing person in CO, #1 suspect my wife;)!
Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
My guess is new Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires that the new Broncos and the TRX are both running, but aren't released yet.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Tires Coming 1598638445389

Jeep Wrangler JL New Tires Coming 1598638463374

Jeep Wrangler JL New Tires Coming 1598638496245

I don't know why no one has talked about these yet besides the big "WRANGLER" text on the sidewall.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is new Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires that the new Broncos and the TRX are both running, but aren't released yet.

1598638445389.png

1598638463374.png

1598638496245.png

I don't know why no one has talked about these yet besides the big "WRANGLER" text on the sidewall.
I saw those when I was looking for the random picture, but I don't think there is anything super special about them, right?

edit: looks like these have been around for awhile... in Canada.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I saw those when I was looking for the random picture, but I don't think there is anything super special about them, right?
We won't really know until they're released I imagine. I feel like its been a long time since GY has released a new AT tire. The Duratrac is ancient at this point. I'd expect a new high silica compound like the rest of the major players have rolled out. From pictures at least, it does look like a solid AT with a ton of siping. Paired with a soft compound I bet it kicks ass in the snow.

I was burned by the GY duratracs turning into hockey pucks to the point I haven't bought a GY tire since. If they make this in a 35x12.50x17 load range C, they might have my attention with this one.

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
We won't really know until they're released I imagine. I feel like its been a long time since GY has released a new AT tire. The Duratrac is ancient at this point. I'd expect a new high silica compound like the rest of the major players have rolled out. From pictures at least, it does look like a solid AT with a ton of siping. Paired with a soft compound I bet it kicks ass in the snow.

I was burned by the GY duratracs turning into hockey pucks to the point I haven't bought a GY tire since. If they make this in a 35x12.50x17 load range C, they might have my attention with this one.
I haven't had a set since I pulled them off my previous vehicle, I really never had good luck with them, I had so many flats I finally got fed up and swapped them out. on the Jeep I had Falkens stock 33's rode super rough/heavy... bit the bullet on some 315 Pats about 4 months ago. I like them but as most can attest they wear super fast. I am probably going to be looking at a less aggressive tread for my next set as I don't really have a need for a M/T.

scottybue

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The only off-road tire in that SEMA link with 2 different sidewalls is the NEXEN ROADIAN MTX... Nexen’s website also shows a Wrangler in the promo video.

I’m not sure this would be revolutionary, tough

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
My question is if there is already a promo pic, Why can't you share it?
It’s an internal release document. Looks like November is when it’ll be available, but assuming the announcement will come way before then.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Apologies first, as I unfortunately can only be vague right now. Trying to confirm when I can post more details here about this. However, there’s a new tire coming soonish from a company that’s somewhat popular with Jeepers. I found out tonight about them and am very excited! (And I don’t even have my Wrangler yet :()

However if you’re thinking about tires and can wait a bit, should at least wait a month or two. (assume they’ll be “officially announced” soon!)

If I find I can post more I surely will. They look awesome, imo!

Edit: Adding these are specifically targeted at the Jeep market. Even the promo pic is on a Jeep!
Jeep Wrangler JL New Tires Coming tenor

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Haven't run Goodyear in many years but the Goodyear Wrangler R/T was one of the best all around off-road tires I've ever owned. These were borderline military spec tires that were actually way overbuilt for the commercial market at the time. Wish I could still get some as these were so friggin good in almost any condition and even had decent tread wear for the aggressive tread block.

That said, would be nice to see a fresh offering from them as I have some strange distant loyalty to the brand :)

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
KO3? They should be coming soon!
You have info or some intel on these? I'm interested. My KO2's have been fantastic. They are approaching 40k miles with a 5 tire rotation and are wearing very well. I'd be happy to have another set, but wouldn't mind them being just slightly more aggressive.

The Mickey Thompson Boss AT's look interesting, too!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have details on sizing, etc. I do know there’s two different upper sidewall designs available. I would say that, reluctantly, I didn’t like any tires from this company that are already offered, due to looks. I’ve got family members working there, so shopping other brands made me feel guilty. :(

Anyway, they just showed me something new coming out that I really like. I’m sure everyone won’t, but just trying to let people know to wait a bit if you can, because something new is coming soon that will appeal to a lot of people!

Again, trying to get clearance to post more tomorrow. Will give more details if I can.
Are you talking about the Mickey Thompson Boss AT?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
You have info or some intel on these? I'm interested. My KO2's have been fantastic. They are approaching 40k miles with a 5 tire rotation and are wearing very well. I'd be happy to have another set, but wouldn't mind them being just slightly more aggressive.

The Mickey Thompson Boss AT's look interesting, too!
I hope they come out with them. I don't know though.

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
Just an update from my original posting.

#1) the production has been delayed, probably until the end of Q1

#2) after getting more details on the sizing offered, they don’t seem like anything most people here would want. I was bummed when I saw what they had planned. Didn’t really make sense for the Wrangler market they were trying to target. (biggest they had was 33” for 17” rims unless you go bigger rims)

sorry guys

:(
Sponsored