First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Occupation
Owner Peterbilt dealership
If you do end up trying that out let me know. Hopefully it is something that works.
I meant to mention to anyone who has a JL with stock plastic rear bumper and park sensors that they want to relocate into a aftermarket steel bumper, there are a few inexpensive parts you will need to buy to install the sensors in the steel bumper. I would be glad to share what I bought and how easy they were to install. And trust me I’m not anything close to a mechanic
Sponsored

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
Got started but had to order harness for parking sensors and license light that I messed up. This thing is a beast. It came packaged perfect, the powder coat is excellent, very well made.

IMG_20200312_113414.jpg

OP
OP
War Eagle

War Eagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Occupation
Got started but had to order harness for parking sensors and license light that I messed up. This thing is a beast. It came packaged perfect, the powder coat is excellent, very well made.

IMG_20200312_113414.jpg
Sorry to hear about harness, what happened? If you are going from plastic OE bumper to aftermarket steel bumper did you order sensor bezels and retainers? If you need that info I can supply?
Good luck!

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
Sorry to hear about harness, what happened? If you are going from plastic OE bumper to aftermarket steel bumper did you order sensor bezels and retainers? If you need that info I can supply?
Good luck!
Thanks I think I got it. Rockhard is great about giving you everything you need, I was able to get all the sensors installed. I took my plastic bumper off a while ago had to modify the license light to work. I apparently rendered them unusable for this application.

OP
OP
War Eagle

War Eagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Occupation
Front bumper was one of my first upgrades but I let local aftermarket co install that, with lights and all, didn’t want to take all that on myself.
C9D28157-1034-4D80-84D9-3D62900A8AD2.jpeg
Added the D-rings on the new rear bumper, and like how the bumper matches those rear tube doors! Ready for a nice drive in the South Florida sunshine!
Hey, everyone please be safe out there! Lots of craziness right now!
Stay Healthy!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
War Eagle

War Eagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Occupation
Added the D-rings on the new rear bumper, and like how the bumper matches those rear tube doors! Ready for a nice drive in the South Florida sunshine!
Hey, everyone please be safe out there! Lots of craziness right now!
Stay Healthy!!
53765184-2C8D-479F-8A08-71F3AA5DEDEC.jpeg

OP
OP
War Eagle

War Eagle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Occupation
F5E637F0-AF06-44F0-AB22-5CE12AB288A2.jpeg
AAB5BE94-DBF5-4C5F-B5CA-E7493F85FC1F.jpeg
I’m not crazy about the spare tire plate position either. I have not done the wiring yet. I am going to order the LOD JLP1801 plate relocation bracket. It is a under the drivers side taillight position but specific to the LOD steel bumper, which I don’t have. However in reading the reviews someone bolted it directly to the top of the bumper, otherwise it fit perfectly. It can be returned so I will get it and see how it will look and for. Check it out at Quadratech.com
And it has spots for bolt lights, so no need for a separate light kit. Bolt lights can be purchased thru Quadratech as well. Rugged Ridge 11233.10 is part number.
And the best thing with all this is the wiring! Just add a little wire to existing tag light wire and routing is easy as it will go up between the bumper and body and hidden by the plate. Much easier than trying to get wires to the spare tire!!
C5BD85DF-CB62-41BD-A403-DF85967347F5.jpeg
9619C605-9D5A-4710-9637-2CFEC3FFAF77.png

And I think it will look better, right?
Pics of my Jeep with tire position and pic of Jeep with the bracket I just described.
F5E637F0-AF06-44F0-AB22-5CE12AB288A2.jpeg
AAB5BE94-DBF5-4C5F-B5CA-E7493F85FC1F.jpeg

I just installed the LOD license plate holder and it looks great! As I mentioned before, this was strictly for a LOD steel bumper and came with a bracket that bolts to a LOD bumper. However as I read from a review on this product someone simply attached it directly to the top of their steel bumper. That’s what I did and it fit perfectly! I drilled holes in the bottom of the holder and in the top of the bumper and it fits great! I used bolt lights also bought on Quadratech website. Wired it to the original tag wiring as part of the parking sensor harness I transferred over.
My bumper is now complete!
What’s next???
If we get thru this pandemic and I don’t lose too much money in my business I’ll have to celebrate with something for the Jeep!!

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Bumper AAB5BE94-DBF5-4C5F-B5CA-E7493F85FC1F

I just installed the LOD license plate holder and it looks great! As I mentioned before, this was strictly for a LOD steel bumper and came with a bracket that bolts to a LOD bumper. However as I read from a review on this product someone simply attached it directly to the top of their steel bumper. That’s what I did and it fit perfectly! I drilled holes in the bottom of the holder and in the top of the bumper and it fits great! I used bolt lights also bought on Quadratech website. Wired it to the original tag wiring as part of the parking sensor harness I transferred over.
My bumper is now complete!
What’s next???
If we get thru this pandemic and I don’t lose too much money in my business I’ll have to celebrate with something for the Jeep!!
Are the bolts going into the bumper behind the plate? I can’t tell from the picture. I’ve been putting off getting a rear bumper because, like you, I do not want to go to a spare tire mount for the license plate.
Sponsored