Sponsored

New '21 JLU Navigation and CarPlay issues

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wranger Rubicon Unlimited
Anyone having trouble when using Nav and CarPlay (specifically any of the map apps like Google maps, Apple Maps or Waze)? One one trip, I was able to use Nav for directions at the same time using Google maps on my phone while phone was plugged into USB/CarPlay. On my next road trip, Nav was telling me I had to disable CarPlay (maps) in order to use the Nav system for directions. Also, the USB doesn't always register that a phone is connected, meaning CarPlay doesn't always show up on the screen. If I unplug and plug back in 5 or 10 times, that sometimes does the trick, but most of the time when I connect USB, CarPlay does appear on the screen. Thanks.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Are you using an apple usb cord? For some reason the aftermarket ones can be hit or miss.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Apple CarPlay has been awful (almost unusable) since I switched to the iPhone 13 (previously had an 11 with zero issues).

Apple cords are a must in these trucks.

OP
OP
UbiqueOverland
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apple CarPlay has been awful (almost unusable) since I switched to the iPhone 13 (previously had an 11 with zero issues).

Apple cords are a must in these trucks.
Thanks! Sure hope they do some updates to resolve your stuff.

Sponsored

mikegil

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
The lightning connector in the base of your phone collects pocket lint and stops the connector from seating properly. I find I need to use a pin to fish the lint out from time to time and that solves the problem for a while.

OP
OP
UbiqueOverland
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The lightning connector in the base of your phone collects pocket lint and stops the connector from seating properly. I find I need to use a pin to fish the lint out from time to time and that solves the problem for a while.
Thanks Michael! I'll give that a shot.
Sponsored