New 2020 JLU Engine Replacement 2.0 Turbo

Chocolate Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My 2016 needed to be rebuilt (2.6L Penstar valve issue) and I never noticed a thing after it was done. Dealers are no longer like they used to be. I’d get a new engine and keep loving the Jeep.
Fortunately they’re replacing the entire engine, not just the top end or a rebuild.

Advertisement

Paluss

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon, 2013 Porsche 911, 2020 Harley CVO Streetglide
At least you’re dealership is replacing it and not trying to turn it around on you as if you were complicit in the engine needing replaced. Thus far, they’re solid engines. I’d be more concerned that they let the best techs handle the swap.

I can’t even justify why a new Jeep is necessary at this point.
I agree having a competent mechanic or 2 installing the engine is key to having no problems as installing the engine at the factory is much easier than installing it at a dealership. I would ask for some free perks for the inconvenience like free detailing and oil changes for the next 5 years....

Unkle Fester

First Name
Kendall
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
OP
Alanaloo

Alanaloo

First Name
Alana
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's Edition
I agree having a competent mechanic or 2 installing the engine is key to having no problems as installing the engine at the factory is much easier than installing it at a dealership. I would ask for some free perks for the inconvenience like free detailing and oil changes for the next 5 years....
Oh I asked for some perks. Getting additional 2 year warranty and oil changes.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I asked for some perks. Getting additional 2 year warranty and oil changes.
Good move. I had a Ford Ecoboost 3.5 replaced in our Transit Van at the dealership due to an oil change place mess-up. That van installation was more complicated than a Jeep 2.0 installation would be. They got it right and the new engine is at about 60k miles now and has been perfect the whole way. Not one issue.

Hopefully, you'll be enjoying your Jeep soon as if it never happened. And you'll have 2 more years of peace of mind to go with it.

These things happen. An engine swap is not hard for an FCA certified tech. They do these more often than one would really want to know. The 2.0 has some space to work with in the Wrangler, too.

I hate that you had to go through this with a new car. I'll bet you get years and years of joy out of it afterward, though.

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement