Need New Engine

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Theres a million 3.6 out there which means “many” are being replaced under warranty. I doubt Stella has a million spare motors sitting around just in case. If they put in remans than that means they have to aquire bad engines and spend time refurbishing them. Who knows how many motors come in, how many people they have dedicated to that process and motors being refurbished could be tied up waiting on one component that is on backorder for whatever reason.
Piston rings held up several engines from GM and Ford for the last couple of years. Things are getting better, but there’s just no telling what little thing it is that isn’t available.
Sponsored

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 2dr 2.0T, '10 BMW 335i
Occupation
Fleet Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
idk if America parts supply is different than Canada or warranty is different from a customer pay engine but i can literally have a 3.6 longblock delivered to my shop overnight no problems, not sure where they come up with the wait times. Infact i just did one a couple months ago. the catalytic converters were the only thing on back order for me

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
idk if America parts supply is different than Canada or warranty is different from a customer pay engine but i can literally have a 3.6 longblock delivered to my shop overnight no problems, not sure where they come up with the wait times. Infact i just did one a couple months ago. the catalytic converters were the only thing on back order for me
For what year model and what vehicle? They’re not all the same.

daniel5678

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu
Friends in my Jeep club took their 2020 JLR in for a CIL. Dealer was unable to clear the light and they told them the next step was to pull the heads which they did. Somehow the block ended up being cracked in either the pulling or reassembly process. Dealer is accepting full responsibility but tells them there are no 3.6 engines available. Lemon Law has sunset so it's not in play. Dealer has given them a new Ram to drive until repairs are completed but offers no other resolution. Any suggestions?
Hi op
How long have you been waiting to get your new engine? I also changed the engine, and now it is backorder, so how long have you waited?

OP
OP
MtCamper

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Sorry I failed to follow up. I've got to say, the local dealer (Yuma, Chapman Jeep) went above and beyond. They had difficulties but finally located a dealer with one in stock and were able to get it transferred. The entire process took about 6 weeks start to finish and the new engine is doing well. The only bad part is they missed a bunch of good Jeeping in the Arizona desert.

Sponsored

daniel5678

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu
Sorry I failed to follow up. I've got to say, the local dealer (Yuma, Chapman Jeep) went above and beyond. They had difficulties but finally located a dealer with one in stock and were able to get it transferred. The entire process took about 6 weeks start to finish and the new engine is doing well. The only bad part is they missed a bunch of good Jeeping in the Arizona desert.
How did they find out what other dealers had in stock? Can I transfer the car to another dealership? I'm wondering if I should do this.

OP
OP
MtCamper

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I wasn't involved with the process, only know what I was told. Just that the dealer located one at another dealer and that dealer was willing to transfer it to the Yuma dealer. Can't help with your other question. Sorry.

daniel5678

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu
I wasn't involved with the process, only know what I was told. Just that the dealer located one at another dealer and that dealer was willing to transfer it to the Yuma dealer. Can't help with your other question. Sorry.
What is the original intention of the dealer to do this? Is it their advanced service? Or do you keep urging them? My dealership has really bad service and I don't think they will do this for me, so frustrating.
Sponsored