Last edited:

dooms

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2021 JLU
Think you posted the same link twice? I have the Rock Hard 4x4. Have used them on both my JK and my JL. Cant speak for the Roam, however the Rock Hard are VERY sturdy. Have lifted the Jeep from them multiple times for tire changes and they are solid. Have not tested them on Rocks, though I imagine they would do quite well. They are not the easiest to install since they mount to the Body, frame and pinch seam. Front drivers body mount bolt on mine was sketchy. I heated it prior to loosening and had to reverse direction a few times to make sure it didnt break. Front passenger front bolt came out no issues without heat (as did the remaining 4 bolts).

Also - while the Rock Hard can be used as a step, its pretty narrow / close to the body. Need to be cautious as the finish is pretty smooth. I use grip tape to help

QCJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR, 2019 Challenger Hellcat
2020 JLUR

I need to purchase rock rails to replace the factory Rubicon rails.
I need it to have a step.
I have narrowed it down to these 2 products and need any info on which will offer more protection, I do go off-road in rocks, etc.

Roam Offroad MK3 https://www.roamoffroad.com/product/roam-jl-rock-rails-jeep-wrangler-jl-rock-sliders/

Rock Hard Patriot https://www.roamoffroad.com/product/roam-jl-rock-rails-jeep-wrangler-jl-rock-sliders/

Thanks,
Both links are for the same product.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Hey, Roam Products, if you are watching this thread, how about putting some product photos on your product page? The thumbnails page doesn't show anything except a small picture. What is the difference between your Side Steps product and your Rock Sliders? They look near identical in the thumbnails!

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I installed Roam rock rails on our 2019 2-door the first week we got it. Love them. Do need to touch up some of the paint chips with Rust-o-leum but otherwise, very solid.

Best,
-Tim

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
2020 JLUR

I need to purchase rock rails to replace the factory Rubicon rails.
I need it to have a step.
I have narrowed it down to these 2 products and need any info on which will offer more protection, I do go off-road in rocks, etc.

Roam Offroad MK3 https://www.roamoffroad.com/product/roam-jl-rock-rails-jeep-wrangler-jl-rock-sliders/

Rock Hard Patriot https://www.roamoffroad.com/product/roam-jl-rock-rails-jeep-wrangler-jl-rock-sliders/

Thanks,
I believe Roam products are out of business.

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
My wife has found steps in general dangerous. I bought her a collapsable step stool from Walmart that she loves and feels safer on. I took off my steps and in search for some real rock sliders. It's a win win

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I wish I had seen these from Metalcloak earlier. I love my LOD signature sliders, but these would be more functional day-to-day as a step because you can flip it.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
My wife has found steps in general dangerous. I bought her a collapsable step stool from Walmart that she loves and feels safer on. I took off my steps and in search for some real rock sliders. It's a win win
Does she find them slippery? I immediately put grip tape on mine because the step was smooth and round. We live in the Pacific NW, so that seemed mandatory.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I went with Rock Hard sliders. I like them a lot

Sponsored

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
Does she find them slippery? I immediately put grip tape on mine because the step was smooth and round. We live in the Pacific NW, so that seemed mandatory.
not slippery but small I guess. I need rock sliders anyways, steps keep getting hung up on the trail

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
No experience with the Roam rails but I have the Rock Hard ones and they've seen a lot of (ab)use. They are sturdy as hell and will easily support the weight of the jeep as you scrape them over rocks. The only damage to them is to the finish, which I just touch up with rustoleum before road salt season.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I have the ROAM, but the ones I have mount to stock points. I've already bent them. Still hunting for what I want...loved the LOD but the frame mounts look like an easy place to get a rock stuck.

I wish I had seen these from Metalcloak earlier. I love my LOD signature sliders, but these would be more functional day-to-day as a step because you can flip it.
Looks like stock mount points. Will bend on rocks if it is.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I have the ROAM, but the ones I have mount to stock points. I've already bent them. Still hunting for what I want...loved the LOD but the frame mounts look like an easy place to get a rock stuck.

Looks like stock mount points. Will bend on rocks if it is.
I totally missed that. They looked so much like my LOD’s I assumed they were frame mounted.
Thanks for catching that!

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I decided on the Rock Hard angled up rock sliders and they are beasts and the attachment is incredible. I don't know what you would have to do to damage them with all the attachment points. I had no issues removing the body or frame bolts, but used the go 1/2 turn counterclockwise and then back and so on until the red loctite was no longer a worry. Super happy with the product and it all went together without issue.
Sponsored