Sponsored

Need help Beamtech H13 10k bulbs

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I just installed these beamtech bulbs in my sport jlu and they make a constant fan noise that is very noticeable when jeep is off. Is this normal?

Here it is:
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I just installed these beamtech bulbs in my sport jlu and they make a constant fan noise that is very noticeable when jeep is off. Is this normal?
The vehicle was off in your video? If so, I assume you turned the headlights on manually because your video shows the headlights on. What happens when you turn them off? The bulb fan should only run when the headlights are on.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The vehicle was off in your video? If so, I assume you turned the headlights on manually because your video shows the headlights on. What happens when you turn them off? The bulb fan should only run when the headlights are on.
When I turn the headlights off, it obviously turns the lights and fan off. Does the fan run continuously when the headlights are on? It's pretty loud and annoying.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

When I turn the headlights off, it obviously turns the lights and fan off. Does the fan run continuously when the headlights are on? It's pretty loud and annoying.
I was simply asking if the fans still run if the lights were off, as that would indicate an issue. And, answering your question, yes the fans run when the headlights are on to keep them cool. That's what the fans are for. If you don't like the running fans, go with the fan-less Beamtechs:

https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Hea...mely-Conversion/dp/B06XHCQ8KY?ref_=ast_bbp_dp

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Did you watch my video? Are they supposed to be that loud?
Yes, I watched the video. I have the fan-less bulbs I provided the link to, but I've used other bulbs with fans in the past and don't recall any being that loud. However, they can be noisy as the fan RPMs are rather high on most. Someone else with these specific bulbs may chime in. With the engine running, I doubt you'll hear the fans running. How often to you use your headlights with the hood open and engine off? Lastly, did you replace the dust covers on the back of each headlight? That should reduce the fan noise.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Yes, I watched the video. I have the fan-less bulbs I provided the link to, but I've used other bulbs with fans in the past and don't recall any being that loud. However, they can be noisy as the fan RPMs are rather high on most. Someone else with these specific bulbs may chime in. With the engine running, I doubt you'll hear the fans running. How often to you use your headlights with the hood open and engine off? Lastly, did you replace the dust covers on the back of each headlight? That should reduce the fan noise.
Thanks for your help. I didnt replace anything other than removed the little stock gasket to use the gasket built into the beamtechs. Where are the dust covers and how do you replace them? I simply unscrewed the 4" wide plastic cap on back of headlight and swapped out bulbs.

I lowered the hood and it was still noisy. I'm returning them and ordered the fan less ones you linked. Do yours flicker? I saw a few reviews that claimed they flicker on a 2018 jl non Rubicon. Thanks again

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs