Need assistance

Jeepgirl21

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
I had ordered an 80th anniversary JLU in October of 2020. I ordered it with the advanced safety group which was to have included the auto high beam assist. Jeep is fighting me tooth and nail stating they didn’t have that as part of the package until builds after January 3rd 2021. Mine was built November 2020. If anyone has a Jeep 80th built before or around November with the advanced safety group and you have the auto high beam if you could assist me with some info I would greatly appreciate it. It was listed as part of the package when it was ordered and they are telling me it was not..
Sponsored

Last edited:

kbarbosa86

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU - 80th Anniversary
I had ordered an 80th anniversary JLU in October of 2020. I ordered it with the advanced safety group which was to have included the auto high beam assist. Jeep is fighting me tooth and nail stating they didn’t have that as part of the package until builds after January 3rd 2021. Mine was built November 2020. If anyone has a Jeep 80th built before or around November with the advanced safety group and you have the auto high beam if you could assist me with some info I would greatly appreciate it. It was listed as part of the package when it was ordered and they are telling me it was not..
Not sure how much help I can be, but I have an 2021 80th JLU I bought in Nov20 (so I'd assume it was built Sept/Oct of 2020) - I have the advanced safety pkg on it, but it did NOT include auto high beam assist in the pkg.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
What does your window sticker say? If the auto high beam assist is on there then seems hard for Jeep to argue about why it isn't installed on the Jeep you purchased. If the feature is not listed then you arguably didn't pay for it.

OP
OP
Jeepgirl21

Jeepgirl21

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
What does your window sticker say? If the auto high beam assist is on there then seems hard for Jeep to argue about why it isn't installed on the Jeep you purchased. If the feature is not listed then you arguably didn't pay for it.
it was not on the sticker but when I ordered it it was listed as part of the advanced safety group package.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepgirl21

Jeepgirl21

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
OP
OP
Jeepgirl21

Jeepgirl21

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Not sure how much help I can be, but I have an 2021 80th JLU I bought in Nov20 (so I'd assume it was built Sept/Oct of 2020) - I have the advanced safety pkg on it, but it did NOT include auto high beam assist in the pkg.
if you could share the build date on the inside of the driver door. thank you for the assistance.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
it was not on the sticker but when I ordered it it was listed as part of the advanced safety group package.
Placing a factory order with with FCA/Jeep through your dealer does not create a legally binding contract for Jeep to provide you with the vehicle exactly as you ordered it. Jeep can decide to change the product or just plain not deliver it to you. On your end, you can walk away from the transaction and not buy the Jeep, To the extent that there is a deposit involved, this is really only a good faith "I am serious about this" process between you and the dealer.

The actual signing of sales documents is what creates an express warranty between you and FCA/Jeep that vehicle they represent they are selling you is actually what they are selling you. If the window sticker doesn't say that the vehicle has high beam assist then Jeep didn't assert to you that the vehicle they actually sold you had high beam assist.

It is a bummer that the order form was wrong: it does indeed appears that the September 2020 order form lists "high beam assist" under the advanced safety group. But the actual vehicle you bought didn't have it and Jeep didn't say it did.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Placing a factory order with with FCA/Jeep through your dealer does not create a legally binding contract for Jeep to provide you with the vehicle exactly as you ordered it. Jeep can decide to change the product or just plain not deliver it to you. On your end, you can walk away from the transaction and not buy the Jeep, To the extent that there is a deposit involved, this is really only a good faith "I am serious about this" process between you and the dealer.

The actual signing of sales documents is what creates an express warranty between you and FCA/Jeep that vehicle they represent they are selling you is actually what they are selling you. If the window sticker doesn't say that the vehicle has high beam assist then Jeep didn't assert to you that the vehicle they actually sold you had high beam assist.

It is a bummer that the order form was wrong: it does indeed appears that the September 2020 order form lists "high beam assist" under the advanced safety group. But the actual vehicle you bought didn't have it and Jeep didn't say it did.
You are correct in that it is not a contract but if an option is part of a package and advertised as such; listed on the website, order guide, etc. as part of the package then the option should have been included as the cost of the package covers the option.

The Jeep was ordered with the advanced safety group package and was paid for as part of the package but never received. The option is not a separate item that is able to be ordered or removed and would be part of the package cost. The fact that other Wranglers have the option as part of the package would indicate the vehicle was not built as ordered and received the wrong software programming.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I am on side of OP insofar that this is very frustrating to say the least. It appears that Jeep was premature by adding the feature to the order guide if they were not going to be able to push onto their assembly line. Far from best practice IMHO. However, setting aside the customer service element of this since Jeep is apparently "fighting ... tooth and nail", what can OP do to "force" Jeep to do something? Seems like there are headwinds at this point.

The Jeep was ordered with the advanced safety group package and was paid for as part of the package but never received.
The argument that it was paid for is when the window sticker itself does not explicitly say that the purchased vehicle has the high beam assist is not very strong. Unless the feature is listed in writing for the specific vehicle that OP purchased, then OP are going to be hard pressed to argue they paid for it.

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I am on side of OP insofar that this is very frustrating to say the least. It appears that Jeep was premature by adding the feature to the order guide if they were not going to be able to push onto their assembly line. Far from best practice IMHO. However, setting aside the customer service element of this since Jeep is apparently "fighting ... tooth and nail", what can OP do to "force" Jeep to do something? Seems like there are headwinds at this point.

The argument that it was paid for is when the window sticker itself does not explicitly say that the purchased vehicle has the high beam assist is not very strong. Unless the feature is listed in writing for the specific vehicle that OP purchased, then OP are going to be hard pressed to argue they paid for it.
If one were to order any product that lists a set of features included as part of the product and the product has a purchase price it would be expected that the received product would have the list of features, correct? If when the product is received and the feature that was advertised and listed as part of the product was not included, what would you do? Would you just accept that the product was whole and as advertised? What would your reaction be and what would your expectations be?

There should be something that is able to be done or partial compensation considering what was ordered and paid for was not what was received.

Anyways, let's not derail this thread and hope that others can confirm what was stated by Stellantis as true or false.

Last edited: