Mudflaps recommendation!

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
How about NO E! Here in the Florida sugar sand, it cakes up pretty quick between the tire and the flap. Up north, the black soil probably cakes too.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
If you're going to drive on gravel roads then I think front flaps are essential. Driving slow is not a problem but driving at 20 or 30 mph there will be a lot of rocks thrown up on the door hinges and rear fender flare. I added Rubicon takeoff rock rails on my Sport so I ordered Weathertech front flaps to fit a Rubicon. Well Rubicon fenders are slightly different so I had to mess with the hardware and install to get it to work. The biggest problem I had was with the hardware that came with the flaps. I ended up going through all of my stock of hidden nuts and screws to find suitable hardware. Once installed they seem to fit well enough and they work well.

Sponsored

Wrangler4fun

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sport S Diesel & 09 Subaru Impreza WRX
Occupation
Computer Systems Overlord
Clubs

I want to post a different option I decided to go after really digging into mud flap options.
My jeep is pretty new with no gravel driving yet and I already have rock chips on both sides!😒 I’m going to start hitting some sand dunes, gravel roads and service trails. I’m also going to slowly build out my Jeep so new bumpers are in my future of the next two years. That being said I’ve decided it would make no sense to $$$ on Rokblokz as nice as they seem as they do stat they won’t work well with non factory bumpers. This goes with the Weather Tech and Jeep options however not quite as expensive.
I just bought a pair of normal sized no names set from local farm store for $18 ( there is a CL option too).
I will trim them up on the top half and fabricate a braket (3D print, cut out scrap mental the be a simple reinforcement bracket to go over the flap and use the bottom 3 trim holes with heavier mounting (probably screw and trim nut).
I’ll try to post an update when I get them done.

Maverickxeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 TJ Sport
Has no one else gone OEM? I really like the fit and look of the OEM Jeep mudflaps.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Has no one else gone OEM? I really like the fit and look of the OEM Jeep mudflaps.
Think the Mopar splash guards aren't designed to work with rock rails, so that could be why (plus both their catalog and crappy-ass website doesn't list compatible vehicle applications and fitment notes other than the rail issue).

Anyone know why tf Rokblokz are now $225? They were only around $150 for a full set last year. Pretty sure inflation isn't at 50% just yet 😲

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
Damn. $80 for Weathertech, $225 for Rokblokz. Makes the decision pretty easy, unless you really need the quick release...
My opinion, but if you come off an obstacle with weathertech and hit it, you will damage your fender, the RokBlokz are bendy and will give before the fender does

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I went with the Weathertech front flaps due to price and look. I wish they weren’t quite so stiff. I have scraped them on rocks a few times now and they are still in good condition. So maybe they are stronger than I first thought.
The difference between two identical jeeps in the same trail is drastic though. Mine had way less mud thrown on the doors than the other Jeep without any flaps.

Sponsored

RoasterBoy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX, 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Will any fit an XR equipped JL?

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps recommendation! 4AEC2643-06DD-4BCD-95FA-62E4A4F8081E
Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps recommendation! C85ABE42-ABD2-43FF-82E4-E3C78CCF48D4

Rokblokz…and later I added the Fishbone offroad plastic stick on guards to cover that exposed pinch seam in the rear.

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
What causing the bottom of your front fender liner to pop out so much? Looks like it's supposed to stay tucked in fairly well..

Jeep Wrangler JL Mudflaps recommendation! Image2
Photo angle, it is flush

Reactions: AFD

okjeeprox

First Name
Roxie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU 70th
Anyone have experience with putting mud flaps on the Rubi 4xe? With no actual steps, I feel like rocks are going to chew up hinges and rear flares bad.
Sponsored