MSPR for a new Order Question

tescatlipoca

First Name
Tes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
I am building a Sahara Attitude with some options including a skytop my MSPR comes to $52,985 the invoice price on the car is (per the dealer) $49,060, I also have Friends and Family code giving me another 1% totaling $48,569. That is 8.3% down of the MSPR. Would that considered a good deal or should I wait for better deals to come?

Issue I am having is that not many out there with the options I want and each and every dealer I check is either selling over MSPR or does not have what I want.

Options that I am looking at
- LED
- Sky Top
- Advance Safety
- Keyless Entry
- 8.4" radio and prem. Audio system
- 2.0 Engine
Sponsored

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
If you're looking at what dealers already have, this is probably as good as you gonna get these days. It's a good deal compared to paying MSRP plus dealer markup.

If you want to order from a factory, then you can do better. But it's not gonna happen if you "wait for better deals to come" - you have to do your research and contact dealers that offer better % under invoice and then be prepared to travel.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I am building a Sahara Attitude with some options including a skytop my MSPR comes to $52,985 the invoice price on the car is (per the dealer) $49,060, I also have Friends and Family code giving me another 1% totaling $48,569. That is 8.3% down of the MSPR. Would that considered a good deal or should I wait for better deals to come?

Issue I am having is that not many out there with the options I want and each and every dealer I check is either selling over MSPR or does not have what I want.

- LED
- Sky Top
- Advance Safety
- Keyless Entry
- 2.0 Engine
is that another way of saying a dry sense of humor?:giggle:

Jeep Wrangler JL MSPR for a new Order Question 1625005974124

RioRideNM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenere 700

- LED
- Sky Top
- Advance Safety
- Keyless Entry
- 2.0 Engine
Looking to by my first Jeep, Willys Sport 2dr, I got a quote today at 11% above MSRP… “market adjustment” BS. Seems like you got some decent pricing as far as I can tell…

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I ordered my Sahara Altitude from Daniel at Gupton in mid-June. Sticker $53.5K, we agreed on me paying $46.5K. Yes, you read that correctly.

It's on track to be delivered on/around 7/15.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tescatlipoca

First Name
Tes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
I ordered my Sahara Altitude from Daniel at Gupton in mid-June. Sticker $53.5K, we agreed on me paying $46.5K. Yes, you read that correctly.

It's on track to be delivered on/around 7/15.
Thanks for that but that is a hike for me :) I am located at Illinois. I will try to pick up the phone and call all dealers around and the neighboring states.

OP
OP

tescatlipoca

First Name
Tes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Looking to by my first Jeep, Willys Sport 2dr, I got a quote today at 11% above MSRP… “market adjustment” BS. Seems like you got some decent pricing as far as I can tell…
That is a big ouch!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Thanks for that but that is a hike for me :) I am located at Illinois. I will try to pick up the phone and call all dealers around and the neighboring states.
It's a hike for me, too - I'm in Texas. I'm saving $7K off the purchase price (no local dealers could even come close). So if I spend ~$1K on a one-way flight up to Nashville, plus gas/food/hotel to drive it back to Texas, I'm still saving $6K.

RioRideNM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenere 700
That is a big ouch!
Oh yea it was!

Thankfully this is the beginning of my new car purchase. i plan to have one built. I have other dealers in the area workin on quotes and fully intend to at least use the Tread Lightly FCA affiliate program. I will be steering clear of the dealer I visited yesterday đź‘Ť

OP
OP

tescatlipoca

First Name
Tes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
It's a hike for me, too - I'm in Texas. I'm saving $7K off the purchase price (no local dealers could even come close). So if I spend ~$1K on a one-way flight up to Nashville, plus gas/food/hotel to drive it back to Texas, I'm still saving $6K.
How was the order process and deposit, over the phone also would you be able to share the sales person name or email? for $7k I might actually try to hike as well :)

Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

- LED
- Sky Top
- Advance Safety
- Keyless Entry
- 2.0 Engine
Up until a few months ago, 13-15% below MSRP was the average selling price of an auto in the US. As noted in a JD Power survey, that gap has recently narrowed to approximately 5% below MSRP. Just putting this out there as a guide, as it reflects changes in market dynamics brought about by supply chain constraints and heightened consumer spending.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

How was the order process and deposit, over the phone also would you be able to share the sales person name or email? for $7k I might actually try to hike as well :)
[email protected]. I emailed him my build list, he emailed back a price sheet showing the sticker price and my final sales price. The sales price was discounted based on whether I had TreadLightly (I do) and if I choose dealer financing (which I will if they match/beat my bank's rate).

I emailed him back to tell him to place the order, he sent me a link to a secure payment portal to pay my deposit. Once paid, he placed order, I got VON/VIN, and have been tracking it. Plan to pick up in mid-July.

I emailed my ideal build to ~8 dealerships (mix of local + out of state) and he was the quickest to respond and with the best price. Super easy.

OP
OP

tescatlipoca

First Name
Tes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
[email protected]. I emailed him my build list, he emailed back a price sheet showing the sticker price and my final sales price. The sales price was discounted based on whether I had TreadLightly (I do) and if I choose dealer financing (which I will if they match/beat my bank's rate).

I emailed him back to tell him to place the order, he sent me a link to a secure payment portal to pay my deposit. Once paid, he placed order, I got VON/VIN, and have been tracking it. Plan to pick up in mid-July.

I emailed my ideal build to ~8 dealerships (mix of local + out of state) and he was the quickest to respond and with the best price. Super easy.
I did talk to him via email, and will be ordering mine over the weekend. Thank you for you help and the information shared! If you can let me know how your pickup went and any issues with the order...
Sponsored