DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Trail recon on you tube is doing a video series of a recent trip to Moab.

So far they showed top of the world, hells revenge, poison spider.

Pretty cool footage of the scenery.
He's shot some really good video! I think he said Elephant Hill is coming next. I've heard it is a beautiful ride. It might make the cut!
Sponsored

stickman

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Rubicon Unlimited, 2018 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks! Are you the Stickman that does some pretty amazing photography I've seen on other forums?
Nope - must be my twin! I have however done a lot of wheeling in the West and have experienced a lot of very scenic trails!

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
I'll be there with the wife the second week of October, sport with 33's and rubi suspension, stock bumpers. She won't do anything more than moderate.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be there with the wife the second week of October, sport with 33's and rubi suspension, stock bumpers. She won't do anything more than moderate.
We'll be doing the Rimrocker from Montrose, CO to Moab on the 20th, then we'll do Finns N Things, Elephant Hill, Hell's Revenge, and maybe one or two others. We're not trying to break Jeeps, so while we do want some challenge, it won't be anything crazy. We've got a stock JK Unlimited Sport with stock mild (very) AT tires that look more street than AT, so anything we do will have to be achievable by that Jeep. Ok, we might help with a which or tow strap here or there, but still, even that basic JK is a very capable trail machine.

We've got a guy from JK-forum.com joining us, too. Anyone is welcome to wheel with us any time! PM me with contact info, if interested.

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon tj rubicon yj cj 8 cj 7 cherokee
Try Pritchet canyon did it in our stock 03 Rubicon, let us know how you like the 3.6 and Man .

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Try Pritchet canyon did it in our stock 03 Rubicon, let us know how you like the 3.6 and Man .
Will do! I loved my 3.8/manual JK combo in Moab a few years back. the Rubis are geared so low that a manual is downright easy. This one will only be better. I can't wait!

camprats

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubicon
This website has over 50 trails in Moab. All trails have photos so you can see beauty, plus every trail has a difficulty rating. JeepTheUSA.com

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The trails you mentioned are kinda beginer trails, except the escalator option on hells revenge, or hot tubs . try poison spider / golden crack . And Moab rim , If your bringing a Rubicon may as well use use it to its potential . Dont try Pritchet canyon without freinds tho. lol

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The trails you mentioned are kinda beginer trails, except the escalator option on hells revenge, or hot tubs . try poison spider / golden crack . And Moab rim , If your bringing a Rubicon may as well use use it to its potential . Dont try Pritchet canyon without freinds tho. lol
Some are rated intermediate by the Redrock club. Remember, we're not towing our Jeeps out there. They are our rides home. I don't have a job that allows me to wait for my Jeep to get fixed before I can come home. Trails like 3D and Chicken Corner are beginner trails.

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two day drive for us as well , no towing either ,other then towing our camping trailer . the JL should be the strongest stock Jeep so far. thats why we bought them, right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Two day drive for us as well , no towing either ,other then towing our camping trailer . the JL should be the strongest stock Jeep so far. thats why we bought them, right?
Yep. I'm certainly less worried about breakage than with my JK, although my JK has held up well to years of off-roading and never broke on the trail.

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
We've been Jeeping around SW Co the last few days. Ophir yesterday beautiful sunny day, Imogene today blizzard at the top no kidding. Heading to Moab tomorrow to do the same runs plus Poison and 7 mile, maybe metal masher. Planned on Rimrocker but weather change made going straight to Moab seem like a good idea. Can't wait to hear your report. I'd say bring an extra layer.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Don’t miss milts stop n eat.

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
We'll be doing the Rimrocker from Montrose, CO to Moab on the 20th, then we'll do Finns N Things, Elephant Hill, Hell's Revenge, and maybe one or two others. We're not trying to break Jeeps, so while we do want some challenge, it won't be anything crazy. We've got a stock JK Unlimited Sport with stock mild (very) AT tires that look more street than AT, so anything we do will have to be achievable by that Jeep. Ok, we might help with a which or tow strap here or there, but still, even that basic JK is a very capable trail machine.

We've got a guy from JK-forum.com joining us, too. Anyone is welcome to wheel with us any time! PM me with contact info, if interested.
Looks like we'll be there the week before, arriving on the 14th. It's been years since I did any 4 wheeling, wife has never done any and won't want to scrape up her new jeep. :) . That being said it looks like fins and things shouldn't be too difficult. JL four door sport with 33's and rubi take off suspension I got cheap.
Sponsored