Most Scenic Moab Trail?

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Fun Treks 4x4 App is a great one with the gps of the map right on it. By far the most expensive app i have ever purchased though. We also have their books, which are very descriptive of all the trails.

You’ll have a great time!! Did Fins, Hell’s and Sevenmile a few weeks ago. Going back next weekend and planning on Poison Spider, Too of the World and a few others.
Sponsored

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
Just leaving Moab today after 5 out of the 7 days with rain, and still had fun. Before that in Ouray/tTelluride we had great weather that included snow, but we had a great time. Looks like good weather for the next two weeks. I highly recommend a half day pavement trip to Dead Horse and Canyonlands, just fabulous. Have fun.

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Merry Christmas! I’m going to be in Moab this weekend for a couple of days. Any suggestions on trails to take or which to avoid in winter. Will be in a stock JLUR and first time wheeling in Moab. Looking for something pretty mild as there should be some snow on the trails. Thanks! :jk:

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Merry Christmas! I’m going to be in Moab this weekend for a couple of days. Any suggestions on trails to take or which to avoid in winter. Will be in a stock JLUR and first time wheeling in Moab. Looking for something pretty mild as there should be some snow on the trails. Thanks! :jk:
Finns N Things is my favorite all around trail. It isn't too difficult, but there is enough challenge for your Jeep to really impress you. It is gorgeous, too. It is like you are on another planet. There are some other great trails, like 3D and Chicken Corners. If you want to take a really long one with gorgeous scenery, but very mild in terms of ruggedness, White Rim Road would be good. You could also just do the Shaeffer trail switchbacks. So many options! I wish I could go with you! I was just there in October.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
You can definitely have a great time in a stock JLUR. Here are the trails i would recommend for your Jeep:

Fins N Things
Hells Revenge
Seven Mile Rim

It is super ease (Subaru outback could make it) - but for the view I’d do potash road and come up Shaffer trail (great view). If Long Canyon is open (was closed in October) i would take Long Canyon up and then Shaffer trail down. Easy roads - but iconic views.

Not an off-road trail, but I’d also hit Dead Horse Point at sunset if it is clear.

Enjoy your time there!

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Finns N Things is my favorite all around trail. It isn't too difficult, but there is enough challenge for your Jeep to really impress you. It is gorgeous, too. It is like you are on another planet. There are some other great trails, like 3D and Chicken Corners. If you want to take a really long one with gorgeous scenery, but very mild in terms of ruggedness, White Rim Road would be good. You could also just do the Shaeffer trail switchbacks. So many options! I wish I could go with you! I was just there in October.
Hey Dan! I don’t know if you remember me? I was going to try to hook up with you guys in October on my way down to Phoenix from Minnesota. Long story short I had emergency surgery for an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm on October 8th. My trip was delayed by 30 days but I’m out here now and enjoying my Rubicon. I just added the MOPAR 2” lift last week and had a chance to try it out today. Awesome!

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
@Mojito Mojo, you survived an AAA, I'm glad you're still around to enjoy your Rubicon.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
@Mojito Mojo, you survived an AAA, I'm glad you're still around to enjoy your Rubicon.
Yes I’m a lucky guy. And 5 years ago I survived “The Widow Maker” heart attack. My LDA was 100% blocked! God just doesn’t want me yet I guess. Thanks for your kind words.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I’m a lucky guy. And 5 years ago I survived “The Widow Maker” heart attack. My LDA was 100% blocked! God just doesn’t want me yet I guess. Thanks for your kind words.
15 years ago I had "The Widow Maker" at 97% and had a double bypass.

Still kicking and driving my JL.

Glad you are still with us brother.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Dan! I don’t know if you remember me? I was going to try to hook up with you guys in October on my way down to Phoenix from Minnesota. Long story short I had emergency surgery for an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm on October 8th. My trip was delayed by 30 days but I’m out here now and enjoying my Rubicon. I just added the MOPAR 2” lift last week and had a chance to try it out today. Awesome!
Wow, I hope you are feeling better and glad to year you dodged a bullet like that!

Maybe one day we can meet up again one day. I'm thinking of a trip to Colorado to hit some of the great trails there, maybe in a year or two.

Can't wait to see some pics of your Jeep! I've been hearing some people dissing the Mopar lift, but after testing it out in Moab, I'm 100% thrilled with it. I had a slight bout of steering wheel wobble, (not even close to death wobble) but a new steering stabilizer (warranty replacement) has completely taken care of that.

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Wow, I hope you are feeling better and glad to year you dodged a bullet like that!

Maybe one day we can meet up again one day. I'm thinking of a trip to Colorado to hit some of the great trails there, maybe in a year or two.

Can't wait to see some pics of your Jeep! I've been hearing some people dissing the Mopar lift, but after testing it out in Moab, I'm 100% thrilled with it. I had a slight bout of steering wheel wobble, (not even close to death wobble) but a new steering stabilizer (warranty replacement) has completely taken care of that.
My lift is fine for what I want to do. I took advantage of a 15% off offer on MOPAR accessories and an installation special at the dealer of $85/hr. Immediately after installation I measured the lift at +3” but I’m sure it will settle a little. That along with the 35” Trail Grapplers gives me all the height I need for now while still providing a nice highway ride. I did install some N-fab steps to make it easier for my friends to get into her haha!

DE5A52F3-667A-4EF2-9B88-3ADFFCBA0400.jpeg

B755F522-9FB5-4192-A02C-1DF9457946EF.jpeg

68ECB694-77AC-4CC3-B689-98270B9399F8.jpeg

66C65B58-EB0C-4CAA-8B03-4CDAA96DE93C.jpeg

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
[ATTACH=full said:
123673[/ATTACH]

B755F522-9FB5-4192-A02C-1DF9457946EF.jpeg
From your pictures it looks like those springs are bowing out. are they?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From your pictures it looks like those springs are bowing out. are they?
They are just as they are supposed to be, which means, yes, there is some slight bowing. Looks like plenty of clearance with the bump stop.

The problem with the early Mopar lifts was if they bowed enough to touch or almost touch the bump stop. I got the fix on my driver side front spring, even though it never touched the bump stop. It still bows, but has ample clearance. Since then, It has done hard off roading in Moab and Colorado, and works beautifully, bow and all. Heck, before the fix I did some hard off-roading and it never touched and never progressed.

Last edited:

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
What he said ^^^^^^^ !

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Behind The Rocks!

8C404067-1492-4DB6-A192-D15C93503744.jpeg