Most Scenic Moab Trail?

1. CM⛰

CM⛰ Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
    Liked:
    Glad you’re ok Mojo. Nice looking JL. I am really digging that color!

Guys thanks for the info. Any concern regarding snow or potentially ice on the trails with any of those y’all have listed. This Texas boy isn’t used to that fluffy white stuff.

2. KDB

KDB Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2009 JK Sport S (2018 JL Rubicon 2 door ordered)
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    @DanW, Thanks for the clarifier, I plan on staying stock with my JLR but have heard stories about the bowed springs with the Mopar lift. Sounds like it’s within specs and normal.

DanW likes this.
  3. Mojito Mojo

Mojito Mojo Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
    Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
    Liked:
    Early on in the production they did have a problem with bowing that was well documented. They redesigned the perch mounts and everything is good now!

DanW likes this.
  4. CM⛰

CM⛰ Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
    Liked:
    Chicken Corner and Fins and Things last Sunday. Trails were clear of snow then but Moab got slammed with several inches of snow on Monday. Good times for my first Moab trip in a Jeep!3BB83FE0-3D96-49E1-9D93-82E2F2CFD35A.jpeg D3DAE0DF-7CFC-4606-9287-8087AD17EFD4.jpeg 57E830BB-42B2-4652-AF7D-36E99F7E6789.jpeg

KDB, porkchop, haiducool and 3 others like this.
  5. 2Wheel-Lee

2Wheel-Lee Member

First Name:
    Lee
    Vehicle(s):
    2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
    Liked:
    Are you referring to the Stickman who does a lot of mountain bike photography?

6. OP
    OP
    DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    1999 Mercedes E430 Sport, 2002 Ford F150 King Ranch Supercrew FX4, 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Ford Transit 350 van.
    Liked:
    Educator
    Garage Profiles:
    I'm referring to one on a certain black rifle forum. Turns out it wasn't him. The one I'm wondering about could be the same as the mountain bike guy, though.

2Wheel-Lee likes this.
  7. jeepixel

jeepixel Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Al
    Vehicle(s):
    WBGO View
    Liked:
    Greetings my fellow ATX'er, nice pics! As I wait for my Jeep, I'm planning a trip to Moab after Easter, so I am reading as much as I can to figure out what I can take on with my (forthcoming) shiny new stock Rubi as a Jeep noob. I've rented Jeeps a bunch of times over the years for backcountry access, but no rock crawling. I see sites like jeeptheusa.com rate Chicken as a 2, Fins and Things a 3. Are they both something I should considering doing? We'll be solo, but I'm guessing these tracks get plenty of traffic in case I need help. I won't be looking to push myself or my rig too far given my noob status, but I definitely want to do some exploring.

8. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle(s):
    F350/Tahoe
    Liked:
    we will be going to moab for easter jeep safari. Will let you know what we think.

brett

DanW likes this.
  9. jeepixel

jeepixel Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Al
    Vehicle(s):
    WBGO View
    Liked:
    Thanks, Brett, I look forward to reading about your trip and the safari. Don't forget to snap and post some pics! I'm going after Easter to avoid some of the crowds, but the safari looks amazing. I hope to have 2 or 3 days there to explore.

10. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle(s):
    F350/Tahoe
    Liked:
    Will do. Were leaving the north houston area on the 12th and coming home on the 21st. Going to be in moab from monday and leaving sat. Were getting excited. Doing a vrbo, might be worth it to check them out now as they fill up quick especially during ejs. After that, it should mellow out id hope

brett