Most Scenic Moab Trail?

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Glad you’re ok Mojo. Nice looking JL. I am really digging that color!

Guys thanks for the info. Any concern regarding snow or potentially ice on the trails with any of those y’all have listed. This Texas boy isn’t used to that fluffy white stuff.
Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
They are just as they are supposed to be, which means, yes, there is some slight bowing. Looks like plenty of clearance with the bump stop.

The problem with the early Mopar lifts was if they bowed enough to touch or almost touch the bump stop. I got the fix on my driver side front spring, even though it never touched the bump stop. It still bows, but has ample clearance. Since then, It has done hard off roading in Moab and Colorado, and works beautifully, bow and all. Heck, before the fix I did some hard off-roading and it never touched and never progressed.
@DanW, Thanks for the clarifier, I plan on staying stock with my JLR but have heard stories about the bowed springs with the Mopar lift. Sounds like it’s within specs and normal.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
@DanW, Thanks for the clarifier, I plan on staying stock with my JLR but have heard stories about the bowed springs with the Mopar lift. Sounds like it’s within specs and normal.
Early on in the production they did have a problem with bowing that was well documented. They redesigned the perch mounts and everything is good now!

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Chicken Corner and Fins and Things last Sunday. Trails were clear of snow then but Moab got slammed with several inches of snow on Monday. Good times for my first Moab trip in a Jeep!
3BB83FE0-3D96-49E1-9D93-82E2F2CFD35A.jpeg
D3DAE0DF-7CFC-4606-9287-8087AD17EFD4.jpeg
57E830BB-42B2-4652-AF7D-36E99F7E6789.jpeg

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Thanks! Are you the Stickman that does some pretty amazing photography I've seen on other forums?
Are you referring to the Stickman who does a lot of mountain bike photography?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Are you referring to the Stickman who does a lot of mountain bike photography?
I'm referring to one on a certain black rifle forum. Turns out it wasn't him. The one I'm wondering about could be the same as the mountain bike guy, though.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Chicken Corner and Fins and Things last Sunday. Trails were clear of snow then but Moab got slammed with several inches of snow on Monday. Good times for my first Moab trip in a Jeep!
3BB83FE0-3D96-49E1-9D93-82E2F2CFD35A.jpeg
D3DAE0DF-7CFC-4606-9287-8087AD17EFD4.jpeg
57E830BB-42B2-4652-AF7D-36E99F7E6789.jpeg
Greetings my fellow ATX'er, nice pics! As I wait for my Jeep, I'm planning a trip to Moab after Easter, so I am reading as much as I can to figure out what I can take on with my (forthcoming) shiny new stock Rubi as a Jeep noob. I've rented Jeeps a bunch of times over the years for backcountry access, but no rock crawling. I see sites like jeeptheusa.com rate Chicken as a 2, Fins and Things a 3. Are they both something I should considering doing? We'll be solo, but I'm guessing these tracks get plenty of traffic in case I need help. I won't be looking to push myself or my rig too far given my noob status, but I definitely want to do some exploring.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Greetings my fellow ATX'er, nice pics! As I wait for my Jeep, I'm planning a trip to Moab after Easter, so I am reading as much as I can to figure out what I can take on with my (forthcoming) shiny new stock Rubi as a Jeep noob. I've rented Jeeps a bunch of times over the years for backcountry access, but no rock crawling. I see sites like jeeptheusa.com rate Chicken as a 2, Fins and Things a 3. Are they both something I should considering doing? We'll be solo, but I'm guessing these tracks get plenty of traffic in case I need help. I won't be looking to push myself or my rig too far given my noob status, but I definitely want to do some exploring.
we will be going to moab for easter jeep safari. Will let you know what we think.

brett

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
we will be going to moab for easter jeep safari. Will let you know what we think.

brett
Thanks, Brett, I look forward to reading about your trip and the safari. Don't forget to snap and post some pics! I'm going after Easter to avoid some of the crowds, but the safari looks amazing. I hope to have 2 or 3 days there to explore.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Thanks, Brett, I look forward to reading about your trip and the safari. Don't forget to snap and post some pics! I'm going after Easter to avoid some of the crowds, but the safari looks amazing. I hope to have 2 or 3 days there to explore.
Will do. Were leaving the north houston area on the 12th and coming home on the 21st. Going to be in moab from monday and leaving sat. Were getting excited. Doing a vrbo, might be worth it to check them out now as they fill up quick especially during ejs. After that, it should mellow out id hope

brett

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
following
Sponsored