KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Fake vents etc. Like fake hood scoops. Just silly looking to me. A superior Jeep, I know. We’re talking superficial things like appearance though. Rubi JL is of course an amazing model.
What’s your definition of fake? The rubicon vents actually do go through into the engine bay so what is “fake” about them?
Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
The hood vents are advantageous and without them the Rubicon engine would not function. They are not in any way for show. Better?

Mackskibum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Ocean Blue
For those with a manual transmission- there’s less room for your foot left of the clutch pedal. Cable shifter doesn’t travel with drivetrain twist.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny because if you check them out in person side by side, the JL looks much more fresh and modern on the outside, but the JK is roomier and more comfy on the inside.

A lot of companies are making up for the added costs of safety technology and fuel efficiency technology by making the interiors cheap. The 2015 F-150 was the first such example I saw. Salesman said, "Yeah, it's got an aluminum body now and is 700 lbs. lighter, but that interior is cheap now." I climbed inside and sure enough, it felt like a step backward from my 2013.

Same is true of my 2018 JL Wrangler. I'd take the interior of my 2012 over this any day of the week.

But yes, on the outside the JL is a fresher design, particularly around the grille and bumper area.
No way. My 2019 JL interior is leaps and bounds better than my 2012 JK. Most magazine reviews mention the much improved interior.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The hood vents are advantageous and without them the Rubicon engine would not function. They are not in any way for show. Better?
They are completely for show. Read the threads where the vent covers have flown off. Just a dip in the hood with a small drain hole, look for the YouTube where he pulls off the insulation and shows there is no way for any heat to get out.

Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
They are completely for show. Read the threads where the vent covers have flown off. Just a dip in the hood with a small drain hole, look for the YouTube where he pulls off the insulation and shows there is no way for any heat to get out.
Yes I know. I was being sarcastic.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I know. I was being sarcastic.
Oh! I didn't recognize it. I've been sarcastic for decades and but I was the only practitioner of it so everyone thought I was being mean. Nice to meet a fellow sarcasiminer.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Oh! I didn't recognize it. I've been sarcastic for decades and but I was the only practitioner of it so everyone thought I was being mean. Nice to meet a fellow sarcasiminer.
I’m married and have two teenagers. Lots of experience. Apparently I’ve perfected my technique lol!

SteelThrillsseeker

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon to a 2010 Sahara to a 2015 Sahara and now back to 2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manufacturing
Fake vents etc. Like fake hood scoops. Just silly looking to me. A superior Jeep, I know. We’re talking superficial things like appearance though. Rubi JL is of course an amazing model.
Ah I see.
Sponsored