Sponsored

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Apples and Oranges, BrooksC and Ohioblue have changed flares to ones with dedicated DRL's. On stock Sport flares not going to work without switchback bulbs and wiring.
Gregj
Not if you change the DRL Location to "Dedicated".

Gregj
You will need a programmer for OEM LEDs to work correctly and not give dash wanrings. You will not have the DRL function on a Sport. You can kind of get the DRLs to work with a programmer. I used the JScan app on my JL Sport S with OEM LEDs on Rubi fenders and got the DRLs to work using the turn signal - which is orange. I haven't been able to figure out how to get a white DRL on a Sport.

BrooksC is correct.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
You will need a programmer for OEM LEDs to work correctly and not give dash wanrings. You will not have the DRL function on a Sport. You can kind of get the DRLs to work with a programmer. I used the JScan app on my JL Sport S with OEM LEDs on Rubi fenders and got the DRLs to work using the turn signal - which is orange. I haven't been able to figure out how to get a white DRL on a Sport.

BrooksC is correct.
Change the DRL location to "dedicated" and they should work.
Gregj

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Change the DRL location to "dedicated" and they should work.
Gregj
I just tried this and nothing. I can get the DRL working on the orange turn signal but not the white.

I saw this screenshot with the enable DRL options in Uconnect but I do not have it. Even after enabling the option in Jscan
Jeep Wrangler JL Morimoto turn signals. 1609373775730

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I just tried this and nothing. I can get the DRL working on the orange turn signal but not the white.

I saw this screenshot with the enable DRL options in Uconnect but I do not have it. Even after enabling the option in Jscan
Jeep Wrangler JL Morimoto turn signals. 1609373775730
Chris,
In the app change this setting
Jeep Wrangler JL Morimoto turn signals. 1609375581510

Jeep Wrangler JL Morimoto turn signals. 1609375689092

Gregj

Sponsored

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I’m having this issue with my sporrt but I can live with it. However, I just installed aftermarket LED tail lights from CJ pony off-road and they only work when the headlights are turned on. They don’t turn on during the day. Anyone had this issue? I have the tazer and have tried every combo possibke to make them work. I need help!!

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I am pretty sure rear LED lights or even regular tail lights do not have DRL functions. They would be operating normally.

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2D, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
I’m having this issue with my sporrt but I can live with it. However, I just installed aftermarket LED tail lights from CJ pony off-road and they only work when the headlights are turned on. They don’t turn on during the day. Anyone had this issue? I have the tazer and have tried every combo possibke to make them work. I need help!!
Did you notice if the tails had load resistors attached to the wiring? In my experience you need one or the other - load resistors or change the computer to LED - but not both. I tried not having either one and my lighting did all kinds of weird stuff.
Sponsored