Morimoto turn signals.

Ohioblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler 2018 ram 1500 2007 tahoe
Recently bought some paint matched fenders off a sahara that had upgraded led turn signals. I have a unlimited sport no leds. I have seen some say k will need a tazer mini to make these function. Is this correct? Can I install them and wait for the tazer or will i get a code
Sponsored

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2D, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
You will need a programmer for OEM LEDs to work correctly and not give dash wanrings. You will not have the DRL function on a Sport. You can kind of get the DRLs to work with a programmer. I used the JScan app on my JL Sport S with OEM LEDs on Rubi fenders and got the DRLs to work using the turn signal - which is orange. I haven't been able to figure out how to get a white DRL on a Sport.

OP
OP

Ohioblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will need a programmer for OEM LEDs to work correctly and not give dash wanrings. You will not have the DRL function on a Sport. You can kind of get the DRLs to work with a programmer. I used the JScan app on my JL Sport S with OEM LEDs on Rubi fenders and got the DRLs to work using the turn signal - which is orange. I haven't been able to figure out how to get a white DRL on a Sport.
Will the tazer enable it?

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a Tazer, but from what I've read here on the forum, it will, but not in white, just like JScan. It's a wiring issue on Sports vs. a software issue. Sports just dont have the DRL wiring. Programmers can compensate by using the turn signal, but its orange. I run my JL that way. @Gregj is helpful in this area. If it can be done, he has probably figured it out. 😀

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Since you have the JScan App all you need to do to get them to work is change the DRL location setting to "dedicated" and enable "DRL drop-out".
Gregj

Sponsored

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Since you have the JScan App all you need to do to get them to work is change the DRL location setting to "dedicated" and enable "DRL drop-out".
Gregj
I don't think this works on sports.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you swap to Rubi or Sahara flares it will. It worked on mine. @BrooksC has swapped flares.
Gregj

OP
OP

Ohioblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you swap to Rubi or Sahara flares it will. It worked on mine. @BrooksC has swapped flares.
Gregj
So total noob but to make sure I understand. Since I bought sahara flares if I buy the tazer it will work?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Tazer or JScan App will make them work as designed.

Gregj

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
I have yet to see a sport that has either switchback bulbs or changed turn signals that can get the DRL to be WHITE without doing some wiring.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have yet to see a sport that has either switchback bulbs or changed turn signals that can get the DRL to be WHITE without doing some wiring.
Apples and Oranges, BrooksC and Ohioblue have changed flares to ones with dedicated DRL's. On stock Sport flares not going to work without switchback bulbs and wiring.
Gregj

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not if you change the DRL Location to "Dedicated".

Gregj
Thanks Greg. I'll have to see what my settings are. Seems like when I tried Dedicated I had no DRL. At least at this point unplugging those gateway cables is a breeze. Appreciate it!

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Greg. I'll have to see what my settings are. Seems like when I tried Dedicated I had no DRL. At least at this point unplugging those gateway cables is a breeze. Appreciate it!
Keep in mind the "switch" to turn on DRL's is releasing the emergency brake.
Gregj
Sponsored