Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I have zero experience with those bulbs but a Sport does not have DRL’s enabled so I am curious how the wiring would be modified to make them work.

Gregj
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, the second generation MXB's do not require a Tazer/programmer. They are true plug-n-play with the Sahara/Rubi (not sure if Sport would be any different).
I believe p-n-p is only true if coming from OEM LED package on Sahara/Rubi. If installing Rubi flares and converting to LED DRLs a programmer is needed. At least for Sport anyway.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
I believe p-n-p is only true if coming from OEM LED package on Sahara/Rubi. If installing Rubi flares and converting to LED DRLs a programmer is needed. At least for Sport anyway.
Okay yeah Sport def different then. I have a Sahara with OEM halogen so it was PnP for me. I was not aware of that discrepancy.

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque

Correct, I have MOPAR led headlights, but they come with the wiring for the DRL halo's. Morimoto's are DRL with a sport as well I assume, it just does not include the additional wiring. Which I would prefer to get done before getting a programmer. I just have no clue what hardware is needed for them. And the sequential was plug'n'play, I just get a turn signal error message right now.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct, I have MOPAR led headlights, but they come with the wiring for the DRL halo's. Morimoto's are DRL with a sport as well I assume, it just does not include the additional wiring. Which I would prefer to get done before getting a programmer. I just have no clue what hardware is needed for them. And the sequential was plug'n'play, I just get a turn signal error message right now.
If you bought the Morimoto sequential turn signals there is no further wiring to do on them, you just will have to enable the dedicated DRL’s in the BCM. For the Halo’s if you haven’t run the wires back to the BCM per the instructions you will have to do that or tap into a circuit to power them. Most tap into the heated seats circuit with a micro fuse tap.

Gregj

Sponsored

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
If you bought the Morimoto sequential turn signals there is no further wiring to do on them, you just will have to enable the dedicated DRL’s in the BCM. For the Halo’s if you haven’t run the wires back to the BCM per the instructions you will have to do that or tap into a circuit to power them. Most tap into the heated seats circuit with a micro fuse tap.

Gregj
Great thanks!! There was that additional plug in the back of the turn signals that was throwing me off

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the set I got there were two separate plugs, one sets the sequential or regular flash and the other sets the F1 pulse in the DRL’s.

Gregj

desant89

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Am I the only one with an fm radio reception problem with the morimoto xd turn signals? I must have the latest version since they work perfectly, but my passenger side drl causes major FM interference. I know it's that one as when I hit the right turn signal, that drl turns off, and the issue is gone. Definitely a pain to install, and I prefer not to remove them. I do have a tazer mini, but didn't need to touch it for these to work prolerly. I have an 18 Sahara that came with halogen lights. Just looking for ideas. Can the tazer setting possibly help?

winchreadyAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Completed the Morimoto XB Gen 2 last night. Sahara with factory halogen.

I went the way of removing the fenders for the install. My opinion much easier to not have to work looking up. But, you'll need a kit like this to replace the rivets, fender fasteners, and round fasteners that will break.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W3KKQBF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unpacking the box reveals a single page with two pictures on it, and no written instructions. So, definitely do your you tube / forum research first.

Here's the box showing the LF513 part number (2nd generation) and the totality of instructions:

IMG_1847.jpg
IMG_4520.jpg

The next three pics show the anti flicker resistor, the red to red connection for OEM halogen, and the completed install. I installed the resistor in a pocket of the fender support at the base of the turn signal using double sided tape and a screw. I also used used shrink on the red to red connection, and Tesla tape to protect any open wires from chaffing.

IMG_4644.jpg

IMG_5888.jpg
IMG_0235.jpg

Very happy with the Gen 2 lights. No issues, no CANBUS errors. Took about 3 hours total.

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Hey guys - I can confirm as well, Gen 2 work flawlessly. With that being said, I am posting mine for sale :). Love them, but need to trim the front and rear fenders for clearance.
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_6874.jpg
IMG_6883.jpg

Sponsored

Jay32ryan

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 (JLU) Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Am I the only one with an fm radio reception problem with the morimoto xd turn signals? I must have the latest version since they work perfectly, but my passenger side drl causes major FM interference. I know it's that one as when I hit the right turn signal, that drl turns off, and the issue is gone. Definitely a pain to install, and I prefer not to remove them. I do have a tazer mini, but didn't need to touch it for these to work prolerly. I have an 18 Sahara that came with halogen lights. Just looking for ideas. Can the tazer setting possibly help?
I'm having radio interference as well. Not sure how to fix it. Hopefully someone can give us some advice. I have a 2018 Sahara with factoy halogen package. TRS said they hadn't heard of this problem before, and didn't have a solution besides trying a ferrite ring. I sent an email, hoping for more help than I recieved over the phone.

SuperSafety

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I know this is an old thread, but hopefully I can get a response. When you use the tazer to activate the led drl turn setting, did you still need to use the resistor?
thanks

Negativezero4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I'm having radio interference as well. Not sure how to fix it. Hopefully someone can give us some advice. I have a 2018 Sahara with factoy halogen package. TRS said they hadn't heard of this problem before, and didn't have a solution besides trying a ferrite ring. I sent an email, hoping for more help than I recieved over the phone.
Having radio interference as well

SuperSafety

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I installed these lights. Lots of radio interference from the load resistors. Ferrite rings didn't do anything. I have a tazer installed, but can't get the lights to function without the resistors. Was anyone able to eliminate the interference or the resistors?
Sponsored