Morimoto GEN2 XB LED Turn Signals?

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Just took photos of how mine 'fit' with the gaps I mentioned in my earlier post. I filed on them, pushed and squeezed for hours to get them in. This was as good as it got.

Jeep Wrangler JL Morimoto GEN2 XB LED Turn Signals? 20211225_160708

Jeep Wrangler JL Morimoto GEN2 XB LED Turn Signals? 20211225_160719
Sponsored

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
Just took photos of how mine 'fit' with the gaps I mentioned in my earlier post. I filed on them, pushed and squeezed for hours to get them in. This was as good as it got.

My sidelights would not stay on the vehicle on the passenger side because the gap on the Morimoto light where the sidelight slid into, to connect the two together, was too narrow. So the sidelight had nothing to hold onto to stay in place. Comparing it to OEM and the driver side, it was an obvious manufacturing defect.

I think that is what Kapk22 was dealing with too.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
My sidelights would not stay on the vehicle on the passenger side because the gap on the Morimoto light where the sidelight slid into, to connect the two together, was too narrow. So the sidelight had nothing to hold onto to stay in place. Comparing it to OEM and the driver side, it was an obvious manufacturing defect.

I think that is what Kapk22 was dealing with too.
If you're talking about the side marker lights (which on OEM are amber and clear (aftermarket) in my pic), I also had that issue. They were not sliding into the channel the way the OEM did perfectly. I had to file down the notch on the side marker to get it to fit. If I'm misunderstanding your and the OPs issue I apologize.

But just wanted to share that my side markers would not fit on XB Turn signals either right out the box as they should've. I had to rig them.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
If you're talking about the side marker lights (which on OEM are amber and clear (aftermarket) in my pic), I also had that issue. They were not sliding into the channel the way the OEM did perfectly. I had to file down the notch on the side marker to get it to fit. If I'm misunderstanding your and the OPs issue I apologize.

But just wanted to share that my side markers would not fit on XB Turn signals either right out the box as they should've. I had to rig them.
In understood correctly. The Morimoto DRL housing is flawed. Both of mine won’t allow the oem or smoked Morimoto side markers to slide in. The little plastic clip things on the outsides of the Housings are too narrow. I double checked by trying the Morimoto and oem side markers on the oem DRLs and they fit fine. I spent about an hour this morning cutting heatshrink, zip ties, and ruining more panel push pins removing the Morimotos.

I just ordered another set in hopes of getting a different run. I’m hopeful I don’t get pulled over for no signals in the mean time.